I've had a subscription with Evernote since May 2008. Recently I've come across hard times and had to drop the subscriptions to both my work and home account. I love Evernote and won't stop using it. It has more features than any note taking application that I've come across and I've tried multiple programs including self hosted. Nothing even comes close.

<rant>

With that being said, when I moved to the basic version, I didn't expect to be bombarded with prompts to upgrade as much as I've been since dropping my subscription. Every time I open it, I'm getting some prompt to upgrade my account. I've told the application multiple times that I'm using the basic version but I keep getting prompts to upgrade.

I understand this company needs to have revenue in order to keep up the great work they do but I'd appreciate it if you'd calm down on the reminders to upgrade. They are excessive and annoying. I plan to upgrade but to keep reminding me to do so every time I open do anything in the application is a bit much. If you are going to offer the app with a free version, then you shouldn't be harrassed as much as it is doing now.

</rant>

short version:   Love Evernote but the excessive upgrade reminders are beyond annoying.

Thanks for listening!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, TechGuy said:

If you are going to offer the app with a free version, then you shouldn't be harrassed as much as it is doing now.

Conversely, if you're going to use Evernote's application(s), web services and storage for free, you shouldn't be surprised that they want to turn you into a paying customer.

Kinda works both ways...

Note: I use a free version for work, and I don't find update reminders to be too onerous. Maybe there's a setting to tone things down, but I can't remember seeing one. Can you screencap the upgrade notice, maybe that will jog my memory...

• 1 month later...