Insert and Link feature in Evernote ?

Hi, 

I create many reports in words which I was planning to shift to Evernote. In some of the reports, I use the "Insert Picture" feature of Word where one of the possibilities is to insert and link to an image file. This ensures that when I change the Image File, it also changes in the Word Report. I was wondering if that is possible in Evernote also. Can the Image be there in such a way that if I change the source image, it also changes in Evernote. ?

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Puneet Khurana said:

Can the Image be there in such a way that if I change the source image, it also changes in Evernote. ?

No, Evernote stores a copy of the image.  It's not available for such a link.

One option is to use a link in Evernote, instead of the actual image.

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

No, Evernote stores a copy of the image.  It's not available for such a link.

Well, That's disappointing. In that case word remains the place to be then. Shame , I will miss the powerful search feature and tagging feature that I could have used across these 100s of reports. 

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Puneet Khurana said:

Well, That's disappointing. In that case word remains the place to be then. Shame , I will miss the powerful search feature and tagging feature that I could have used across these 100s of reports. 

I use word/pages for reports.  They are stored in Evernote notes as attachment files, and included in the search feature.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Puneet Khurana said:

Well, That's disappointing. In that case word remains the place to be then. Shame , I will miss the powerful search feature and tagging feature that I could have used across these 100s of reports. 

Hi.  Not necessarily - just attach your Word file to an Evernote note.  The app indexes MS Office files,  so you should be able to search the reports for keywords quite easily.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Not necessarily - just attach your Word file to an Evernote note.  The app indexes MS Office files,  so you should be able to search the reports for keywords quite easily.

If I attach the Word Doc and change the Original Word Doc's Content, that gets changed in the evernote attachment too? 

• Level 5*
Just now, Puneet Khurana said:

If I attach the Word Doc and change the Original Word Doc's Content, that gets changed in the evernote attachment too? 

Provided that you open the Word file from the note,  it will be saved back into the note.  

• Level 5*
56 minutes ago, Puneet Khurana said:

No
Not a good idea to have two copies of a document.  They get out of sync.

Evernote is my one and only storage location.
As per @gazumped, I update the document stored in Evernote.