Web Clipper not working

Every time I try to use the Web Clipper I get the pop-up to log in, it's successful, and the popup goes away, but the Web Clipper never comes up. Every now and again I'll get a dialog box saying that my browser might be blocking cookies, I've double checked everything, nothing is blocking it. I've cleared all my cookies and reset my browser preferences, and un-installed and re-installed the Chrome extension. This started a couple days ago, not sure what happened to make it not work.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Your post is short on relevant details like platform, OS, app version etc.

But I assume you are talking about webclipper in chrome on a desktop. If you search the forum, you may find a number of related threads. It seems there has been changes on the chrome side Evernote is/was not able to fix from their side. I am not sure what the status of this is now (not using chrome myself), but options are

- do an own forum search, maybe there is a thread with a solution

- go for support, they should know

- use another browser. I am on Firefox on my Win10-PC, and on Safari on my Mac, on both webclipper works

I have the exact same issue

- Chrome on Mac, on the beta channel - updated today to 75.0.3770.51

- Evernote web clipper extension v7.11.0 (looks like most recent version about a week or so ago)

Was working fine on Chrome beta prior to the update to latest version. Have raised a support ticket today with Evernote.

Thanks for reporting this. We've got some other reports about this issue this week. It seems that this is isolated to Chrome beta versions 75 and 76. Our development team is currently investigating the root cause to determine the best way to correct this issue.

While not ideal, a workaround is to use the non-beta Chrome version (version 74).

I appreciate your understanding while we work to resolve this issue. 
  • Thanks 1
On 5/28/2019 at 1:29 PM, Ana P. said:

Thanks for reporting this. We've got some other reports about this issue this week. It seems that this is isolated to Chrome beta versions 75 and 76. Our development team is currently investigating the root cause to determine the best way to correct this issue.

Would the issues with Chrome be responsible for the screenshot function of Webclipper shifting the output of all clipped images up and to the left? The web clipper screenshot feature is working for me in Firefox, but in Chrome it is not capturing the area I select. For example, this is the area I selected using Webclipper:

1584224833_Evernotescreenshotproblem-Greenshot.png.9b3dabc66822942238f203769fdc5aa2.png

and this is the resulting output:

1594388209_Evernotescreenshotproblem-webclipper.jpg.b5ec4a13e7b5b79014c23ceb63463727.jpg

Thanks!

........Curtis........

On 5/25/2019 at 3:59 PM, Oscar_R said:

I am having the same issue in Chrome Version 75.0.3770.52 

It is working fine with Chrome Version 75.0.3770.87 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

• 4 weeks later...

Has somebody the webclipper working under Firefox 68 and Win10?

I tried "everything" but Evernote doesn't seem to be able to save the cookie or whatever it tries to do.

So frustrating! I remember this "cookie thing" is an ongoing annoyance with EN but this time there doesn't seem to be a fix, or?