Lost an hour's worth of notes! What happened?

Alice_TechHelp

Idea

I started a call template with a few questions this morning prior to my call. I had an hour-long call from 10-11am PT and kept all notes in Evernote. Went to lunch, came back, at some point probably closed tab. Opened tab again to clean up notes, and realized THEY ARE GONE! What happened? The original questions are still there but the notes are gone. I didn't do anything different so I have no idea why the notes disappeared. 

Can someone help me!? I already looked through the trash and nothing is there. I also don't have a premium account (although I'm happy to pay for one if they can retroactively give me access to my notes). 

Thank you!

3 replies to this idea

This has happened to me several times.  I now Ctrl-a Ctrl-c before closing if it is a note update.  New notes dont typically do this.  I cannot go back and modify the note (via chrome or firefox..lastest updated browsers), so I start a new note, paste the changes and go back to either the new beta version and reconcile or desktop version.  Now the beta version will not work even though my browsers are the latest version, so I have to make new notes.  Frustrating.  I'm on basic too, so maybe paid members dont have this issue.  Brilliant marketing right?

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, donwillis said:

This has happened to me several times.  I now Ctrl-a Ctrl-c before closing if it is a note update.  New notes dont typically do this.  I cannot go back and modify the note (via chrome or firefox..lastest updated browsers), so I start a new note, paste the changes and go back to either the new beta version and reconcile or desktop version.  Now the beta version will not work even though my browsers are the latest version, so I have to make new notes.  Frustrating.  I'm on basic too, so maybe paid members dont have this issue.  Brilliant marketing right?

Please don't copy/paste the same post around the forums.

And no, this is not a case of marketing gone mad. We all use the same software, paying and non-paying users alike. There are some differences with respect to account capabilities, but everyone gets the  exact same application.

• Level 5

A beta is by definition not a piece of proven software. 

If there is serious work at hand, using a beta is doing so at one‘s own peril. 

All differences between account status is resting in issues like data handling, searches etc. The software itself is all the same. Account control decides what the client can do with the EN servers (like upload limits), and what responses it will get (like OCRing of PDFs).

And yes, paying users get personal support which is understandable because there are employees needed to do this who want their own fridges filled and their own apartments rent paid. Just from happy nonpaying users no company can offer first class service.