The "Copy Internal Link" function is Game Changing!

It finely crossed my mind that part of the struggle I've had with organizing some of my research related to how many of my notes are related to one another. This can be resolved through tagging and Notebooks--that in it of itself a is obviously a large conversation. However I was faced with the problem of constantly opening related notes for my research. Then I asked myself, is there a way to link notes together? There is! Maybe most of your already know this but I wanted to make sure to point it out. Note | Copy Internal Link will copy a link to the specific note. I now have structured a table of contents for listing of notes that link back to the TOC.

Although this can be sort of resolved with tagging/Notebooks and clicking on the notes you want to read, the internal link structure creates a really nice user experience. I now just have a single window experience where I can view my information through it's own unique navigation. Any details relating to tagging and notebooks are irrelevant to this navigation experience. With regard to my notes, my TOC links to individual research notes in addition to a topic outline.  In the images below you can even see arrows in the right hand side that allow you to quickly go forward and back in the navigation.

It's really ideal. I strongly recommend this feature.

ever1.PNG

ever2.PNG

ever3.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Level 5*

I took internal links one step further with Filterize which automatically builds table of contents notes for me based on criteria that I can set even more flexibly than I can using Evernote's inbuilt search grammar.