Wrap text

JanW

Idea

I would like the ability to wrap text around an image and have the choice of whether it wraps to the right or left of the image (all though I prefer the text to the right of an image).

#evernote #mac #wraptext

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  As in other answers - Evernote is not a document layout package.  There are much better formatting options in any word processor and it is possible to save the document as an attachment and edit / resave the document on any device which supports the same word processing app.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, JanW said:

just trying to have one place for everything and I love Evernote but miss some features.

I use Evernote to store all my documents; my one place.

This doesn't mean I'm limited to features in the Evernote editor.  I use external editors for word processing, spreadsheets, ...

For your image request, there's no word-wrap, but you can add layout options if you use a table.

Thanks DTLow,  do you have any suggestions for the best external editor/word processing for the Mac, one that will cover the following features that I don't have in Evernote...

• Wrap text around an image.
  • Encrypt everything on the page or a selection no matter what the formatting is and includes bullet/numbered lists, tables, check boxes, strike through and so on.
  • Can highlight in different colours.
  • Can link notes to each other and create jump links to sections of a note and more than one link per note.
  • Can create pdf from note that retains all links (internal or external, linked images)
  • Can be added to an Evernote note without loosing any of the formatting done in external editor.

There may be more features I am missing but these come to mind right now...I would love to be able to have notebooks inside notebooks for better organisation (my family tree work would really benefit from this)...Change the note title colour...Have a S (strikethrough) button in the tool bar...A proper calendar integrated into Evernote with yearly, monthly, weekly and daily planners/organisers that are editable to suit (am working on creating my own at the moment but the lack of internal linking/jump links to sections of notes is making it very cumbersome, more notes needed than necessary...basic templates done, just organising it all into a workable feature).

Sorry, this has turned in to a feature request...lol...still the main question seeing as Evernote does not have the features in the top bulleted list is... 'what external editor/word processor would you recommend for the Mac'.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, JanW said:

suggestions for the best external editor/word processing for the Mac

As an Apple user, my suggestion is Pages.  MS Word has more features, but must be purchased.

As to your feature list, check the app for details

• The document is embedded in Evernote as a file attachment; no loss of formatting
  • Text can be wrapped around an image
  • Encryption is only an option for the entire document.
  • Evernote Note links can be included in the document.
  • Jump links can be included within a document.
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, JanW said:

my family tree work would really benefit from this

This is off topic, but I'm interested in family tree work.

I decided that Evernote is not the best place for this data.  I use the MacFamilyTree app. 
Too many features to mention; here's a sample 845785852_ScreenShot2019-05-26at11_18_59.png.5aa2617eccc95edbc280874d67a1d5a4.png

edit; $60, pricey but  it's one-time

I find it reliable and backed up 

Hi DTLow...yeah, I'm finding the best I can do in Evernote with regards the family tree is create family group files then link the notes up but it can make for very long notes...however, all though I do like a tree software to navigate as it is easier to see who belongs to who I also want some text files of the informations as back up...I tried creating pdf files from the family group notes but none off the internal linking I did in Evernote works in the pdf file.

That's a bit pricy for the family tree software, is that a one off payment with free updates to newer versions as they are available or do you have to pay again for the newer versions...what's it like to work with?, is it reliable?, do you have all the features you need linking people?...I do like the idea of creating a website or book and having it all synched to iCloud and mobile devices.