Color in Reminders / Serial Number insertion - Feature Request

RI2438

Idea

I depend greatly on the Reminder view being open.   I would like to be able to add color similar to what Googe Keep does for the Reminder view.  I dont need it in the actual note.

This would enable me to highlight entries that are urgent - red, less critical - green, blue, etc.., Informational - no color.

Currently my workaround is to add symbols in the first characters of the title.   ie:  *** This is a critical note,  / Close this case after updating notes.   

Symbols are not searchable so I cannot look for the *** in the title and sometime miss them in visual searches.

Also a optional setting to set a color on reminders that are past due if a color is not already set.

My 2nd request is I use EN for ticket tracking.   And in many cases I would like to quickly create a unique ticket # in a note.   

So the feature to insert a unique serial / date code / record # or some other form of searchable unique identifier would be great.

Currently, I add a template:  And then have to manually enter a date code such as 201905161041   which is YYYYMMDDHHMM as my unique code.  There has to be a faster way.

Thanks,

Roger

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, RI2438 said:

This would enable me to highlight entries that are urgent - red, less critical - green, blue, etc.., Informational - no color.

A work-around is to add an emojii to your note title; for example 🚩

I use tags to indicate priority.  tag:Urgent, tag:Important
Searches identify tasks by priority.

>>quickly create a unique ticket # in a note.   

Date/Timestamp works for me.  I use a script (Mac) to generate and insert it

How do I add an emoji on Windows?

I use tags as well, but looking for something the bring attention on the reminder view.

Yea, I just type the date/timestamp when I need to generate a ticket #.   Haven't found an easier way yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, RI2438 said:

I would like to be able to add color similar to what Googe Keep does for the Reminder view.  I dont need it in the actual note.

Not exactly what you want but in Windows you can assign a color to a tag and then for notes that have that tag, a colored bar will show in the note list.   For example, I have an urgent tag assigned red and a recurring tag assigned green.  Here is a test note that has both of these tags assigned.

image.png.2d95e6152f01f2376ac3886fff93d1b8.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had not seen that feature, but have turned in on for my Priority notes.   It would be nice if the color bar showed up in the Reminder view as well.   Hint hint Evernote...

• Level 5*

Hi.  I obviously don't know your detailed requirements or whether this is relevant,  but for information I have a tag and reminder driven 'tickler' set-up which alerts me to outstanding items,  currently dated and important items,  and gives me an overview of what's coming up in the next 7 days.

That can be run (I think) with three or four saved searches,  or - as I currently do - with Filterize which runs the searches continuously and maintains table of contents notes listing the various categories separately.

Use tags for priorities 1and 2,  and set up reminder dates for notes with due dates.  Then set up searches (or Filterize dashboards) for

1. Overdue:  notes with due dates set for before today
  2. Now:  notes tagged with priority 1 or notes with a due date of today
  3. Soon:  notes tagged priority 2 or notes with a due date in the next 6 days

- It's possible to add further priorities if you need them.