Search for Notes without Links

Hi, i wonder if it it possible to

a) Search for notes that do (or don't) have a Note Link to another Note and

b) Search for Notes that do (or don't) have another Note referring to them via Note Link

My idea is to build Index Notes with Note Links for every Notebook. It would be nice if i could search for unlinked notes without manually assigning a "linked" tag...

Anyone ever tried this?

Regards,

N.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not possible (AFAIK) in Evernote.  See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/sections/115004007288-Searching for what is.

On the positive side:

• 'All Notes' is a view with a link to... er, all notes
  • 'Notebook' views (select a Notebook in the menu/ left panel) are linked to specific groups
  • Search results can be saved as Shortcuts with links to all hits
  • Tables of Contents can also be created from searches

- And if you have a small number of notes,  consider (maybe) tagging those with inter-note links.  You can search for those with (tag:<link>) tags or without (-tag:<link>) tags.

FWIW the Filterize add-in can auto-create (amongst other things) tables of contents based on note tags, titles, contents and other variables to save you the hassle of complex interlinking.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, Neyghey said:

It would be nice if i could search for unlinked notes without manually assigning a "linked" tag...

Which platform/device?  I use a Mac.

The link information is stored in the underlying enml/html code; it's not visible for searching.

As part of my backups, I maintain a full export of my notes in html format.  
Using this, I can search the underlying code.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
19 minutes ago, DTLow said:

export of my notes in html format.  
Using this, I can search the underlying code.

Hmmn.  This would also work for Windows...

EDIT:  some coding skills required though,  to find note links and return the note UID or title...

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  This would also work for Windows...

EDIT:  some coding skills required though,  to find note links and return the note UID or title...

An example would be the link evernote:///view/1156250/s10/ee54e6a3-dd90-4b0f-8196-72b0b6868776/ee54e6a3-dd90-4b0f-8196-72b0b6868776/

My Mac search returns this
                             2106656907_ScreenShot2019-05-16at05_29_14.png.86e729ae94babcd9b05984f0f76f4af9.png
The filename is the note title.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Doh.  I was late engaging my brain - if I exported a notebook as multiple web pages,  then ran a search on the folder,  as you say - any hits will be the file names,  so relatiively easy to find.  (Unless you have a LOT of notes).  Thanks for the idea :)