Evernote for journaling and manuscripts

Does anyone have a way of using Evernote for daily journaling, or drafting a manuscript?  I wish it had a format with a spread of left/right pages (aka side-by-side) and am wondering if it's possible to somehow create this.  Thank you.

• Level 5*

On 5/10/2019 at 4:40 PM, Mfw said:

Does anyone have a way of using Evernote for daily journaling, or drafting a manuscript?  I wish it had a format with a spread of left/right pages (aka side-by-side) and am wondering if it's possible to somehow create this.  Thank you.

Evernote is a filing cabinet, and stores files of any format.
The base note format is enml/html, and the Evernote Editor is fine for basic notes.  
I'm not sure it's the best choice for drafting a manuscript.

Side-by-side seems more suited to a word processing app like Word/Pages.  
A note can contain a table, providing two columns on the "page"

I maintain a daily journal using the Evernote editor.
I start with a template.  It's also my dashboard, containing links to other notes and sources.spacer.png61651767_ScreenShot2019-05-13at12_34_00.thumb.png.02c658096d9c03fbae2f6bb2a5c4535b.png

• Like 1

Classifying Evernote as filing cabinet when the max size for a single file is 200 MB is not what Evernote would want me belief.  local German site by Evernote.com

@DTLow

are you not aware that your repeated efforts to  distract user focus from note making to note storage as the primary task can be mistaken as your personal failure to accept reality?   It is just so very plain to see that  Evernote, understandably neglect video files  as these file format types are not not consistent with the 200 MB limit.  

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, JohnLongney said:

...  as your personal failure to accept reality?  ... It is just so very plain to see that  Evernote, understandably neglect video files  ...

This discussion's "reality"; the OP is asking for advice on drafting a manuscript or daily journal.  😊

I confirm
- Video files can be stored in Evernote; as I said, any file format
- The maximum note size is 200 MB (Premium).  
  Oversize files will have to be stored externally; a file link can be used within Evernote.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Level 5*
On 5/14/2019 at 12:57 AM, JohnLongney said:

It is just so very plain to see that  Evernote, understandably neglect video files  as these file format types are not not consistent with the 200 MB limit.  

I never have seen much value in storing video in EN, can’t search the contents.  Although you can get all your stuff in one place, with the size limit exception, if that is what one wants.  

Just as easy for me to put the video in the cloud with a link in an EN note for navigation.  Horses for courses.  

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CalS said:

Just as easy for me to put the video in the cloud with a link in an EN note for navigation.

I  also include photo/video links in EN notes.

As an Apple user, my photos and videos are stored  in the photos app, and automatically in the cloud.