Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello

Its video for my problem. 

Me need copy programmed code with color text. From SAP R3.

but Evernote not copy color text.

OneNote copy color code normaly.

What should I do so that the code is copied in color to evernote?

thanks

 

 

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think this is a bug. The code you selected is plain text. The color is added by the SAP R3 editor (IDE?). Unlike a word processor, which copies rich text (text with font, size, color info) into the paste buffer, your code editor copies plain text. So when you paste into Evernote, there is no color.

I am guessing that OneNote has a feature that auto-detects code and colors it for you (just like your code editor does). In other words, the color isn't copied, it is re-created by OneNote after the paste completes. That is why the color appears when you paste the same selected text into OneNote.

In some Evernote clients, after you paste you could tell Evernote to format the text as a code block using the ``` syntax. See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001758468. I only have EN for Windows and Android, so I can't tell you if Evernote will color the code block for you.

Did you look to see if there are third-party add-ons to Evernote that will make Evernote auto-detect code for you and color it?

Or, you could copy a screen shot into Evernote. This would preserve the color. Evernote would use OCR to make the text in the screen shot searchable, but it wouldn't let you easily select the code in Evernote and paste it someplace else as plain text code.

Finally, there might be a setting in the SAP code editor that tells it to copy/paste code as rich text, instead of plain text.

Hope this helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, John in Michigan USA said:

I don't think this is a bug. The code you selected is plain text. The color is added by the SAP R3 editor (IDE?). Unlike a word processor, which copies rich text (text with font, size, color info) into the paste buffer, your code editor copies plain text. So when you paste into Evernote, there is no color.

I am guessing that OneNote has a feature that auto-detects code and colors it for you (just like your code editor does). In other words, the color isn't copied, it is re-created by OneNote after the paste completes. That is why the color appears when you paste the same selected text into OneNote.

NO. oneNOTE use color from sap. see video.

but evernote not copy color on 3 computer tested. my home and 2 on my work.in Windows10

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

I am waiting for corrections for a week. If this error is not corrected. I will be forced to leave in oneNote forever.

Evernote... please  fix it.

Share this post


Link to post

The way that this generally works is that, when copying to the clipboard, an application can put the clip onto the clipboard in one or more formats. Then, when pasting, Evernote will scan the available formats, and pick whichever one works best for Evernote. Evernote does not scan to try to detect code clips in text, and I don't know of any code editors that generate such a "code" format. You can examine what formats are available using one of any number of clipboard viewer utilities I(I have something called "Free Clipboard Viewer 3.0).

So, for example, with Visual Studio, a copy operation will put the text onto the clipboard in several formats, including, most importantly, Text, OEM Text, Unicode Text, and Rich Text. On the other end: as far as I can tell, Evernote will choose Rich Text if it's there, because when I paste into a standard text area of Evernote, I get monospaced (Consolas in my case, which is what I'm using in VS), colored text from syntax-colored source. But the code block is currently "special" in that it doesn't use the colors, and -- I think -- uses a standard monospace typeface (Monaco).

That's the way it works right now, and I doubt very much that they're going to specially change that behavior and release it within a week...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, jefito said:

 

That's the way it works right now, and I doubt very much that they're going to specially change that behavior and release it within a week...

 

Very sad. A couple of years ago it worked fine. Now it took again. And does not work.

On the picture. That moment when it worked.

It is very important for me.

 

kkk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, jefito said:

That's the way it works right now, and I doubt very much that they're going to specially change that behavior and release it within a week...

 

I thought it was just a minor mistake about which you simply forgot. But I looked at the forum and I see that it has been dragging since last year. For me, evernote is dead.  

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Hermitap said:

I thought it was just a minor mistake about which you simply forgot.

Um, I didn't forget anything. I am not an Evernote employee. Just reporting how it works today, as best I can tell.

4 minutes ago, Hermitap said:

But I looked at the forum and I see that it has been dragging since last year.

Yes, they changed the behavior awhile ago. I noticed, but didn't care that much either way. Might even be intentional, though I'm not sure. Maybe it will change back someday. Not critical for my usage.

5 minutes ago, Hermitap said:

For me, evernote is dead.  

Well, for me, if I wanted syntax colored code, I'd just paste it into a code editor. I can read code without coloring, so it's not a big deal to store code clips in Evernote. But hey, if you need functionality that Evernote doesn't have, then you should probably look for a different product. Which is the usual advice I'd give to anyone anyways...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jefito said:

Um, I didn't forget anything. I am not an Evernote employee. Just reporting how it works today, as best I can tell.

 

Big Sorry

 

I certainly did not mean you. I was talking about developers.

Very SORY.

and Sorry for my bad English.

 

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Hermitap said:

Big Sorry

 

I certainly did not mean you. I was talking about developers.

Very SORY.

and Sorry for my bad English.

 

No problem, please don't worry about it. Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, it looks like the problem is more complicated than I thought. @Hermitapp it does look like some EN behavior changed. Unfortunately, based on recent history, Evernote is unlikely to restore that earlier behavior.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...