Firefox disabled Evernote Web Clipper

Getting a message from Firefox (v 66.0.3) that the Evernote Webclipper (v 6.13.3) could not be verified and is therefore disabled. Anyone else having a problem.

Windows 10 pc

firefox-evernotewebclipper.jpg

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Currently using Fx 66.0.3 on Linux,  and this clipper is working fine.  Have you tried restarting your system / removing and reinstalling the add-in?  I'll be able to check this out on Windows in about 12 hours...

This morning Mozilla became aware of the issue with Firefox add-ons. Mozilla requires they will be digitally signed to improve security. The certificate they use to make it happen had expired, which lead to the add-ons being disabled. You can follow the steps described in Add-ons disabled or fail to install on Firefox to solve this problem. Good luck.

Edited by keisoko
fix a link address
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

After patching / fixing Firefox the Web Clipper (v 6.13.3) is no longer working.

When signing in the webpage notifies correctly signed in, but the clipper icon keeps showing the red dot (sign in for web clipper).

I'm using Multi-account Containers in Firefox, but changing this doesn't solve the problem.
Also de-blocking cookies and/or allow evernote.com to write cookies, doesn't seem to be the solution.

Someone else experiencing these kind of problems with this version of the clipper?

• Level 5*

Hi.  What happens if you start to clip?  IIRC Clipper just pops up a login window...  a pain to do repeatedly,  but maybe the only way to work in Firefox until this is resolved.

Did you try restarting Firefox / Windows / the device?  Removing / re-adding the clipper?  Does Clipper work in any other browser? 

If simple first-aid else fails - contact Support!

Hello. It quickly pops up a window, which closes again fast.

It than shows a new tab with a succeeded message: you're logged in.

But, I'm not... as the icon keeps showing the red dot and no clipping window.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, MaikR said:

Hello. It quickly pops up a window, which closes again fast.

It than shows a new tab with a succeeded message: you're logged in.

But, I'm not... as the icon keeps showing the red dot and no clipping window.

Did you try the options I suggested?

I'm sorry: yes I did all that.

It does work on my iMac, but on it doesn't work on Windows (Surface Pro) and my MacBook Pro.
All same browser, same containers, same settings, same add-ons...

Humm... containers seem to be (part of) the problem here. First it works, but I guess that after 30 days (at expiration of token) it's not possible to sign in again. Only when Evernote is outside of any container the popup stays open, and doesn't automatically close.