[ANDROID] A good replacement for Evernote scanner

Hello there,

I'm not a big fan of using Evernote's scanning feature in the android app. To be honest I'm having a hard time compiling it as a document with perfect borders when almost all the time the app just scans an image. I've used scannable on my iPad and it works like a charm but I was wondering if there is a good alternative for android.

• Level 5*

Hi.  After you scan in Evernote,  tap the thumbnail you should see at the bottom of your screen.  You'll have the option to save it as a picture or a document (amongst other things).  If that doesn't work for you,  CamScanner,  Adobe Scan,  and Office Lens are alternative apps that I've used - and still have installed for occasional use. 

Check out in more details on Google Play.

53 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  After you scan in Evernote,  tap the thumbnail you should see at the bottom of your screen.  You'll have the option to save it as a picture or a document (amongst other things).  If that doesn't work for you,  CamScanner,  Adobe Scan,  and Office Lens are alternative apps that I've used - and still have installed for occasional use. 

Check out in more details on Google Play.

Thanks a bunch :) .... The problem with thumbnail is Evernote usually takes the background of the image while it scans ... Scannable didn't have this problem. I'm going to check out Office Lens, is there an evernote integration for any of these apps?

• Level 5*

9 hours ago, The Ubiquitou sAnomaly said:

is there an evernote integration for any of these apps?

Hi again - "integrations" only in so far as the JPG or PDF files created can be shared back to Evernote as a note attachment.

If you play with the Evernote camera a little more you may find that tapping the thumbnail and choosing 'document' or 'colour document' as the  option will process the image to remove or limit background* and enhance any text for OCR.

* Assuming that the background contrasts well with the main subject and the two can be separated clearly.

• Level 5
11 hours ago, The Ubiquitou sAnomaly said:

The problem with thumbnail is Evernote usually takes the background of the image while it scans

Next time you're photographing a document, check the little icon in the top right of the screen. If it looks like mountains/landscape, tap it to get it to change to a "document" icon. That puts the Evernote camera function into document mode, which (if you have a good contrasting background) can be quite good at cropping out everything but the document itself. Then, as @gazumped says, save as a document. At any rate, that's my experience.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
52 minutes ago, MatS14 said:

Nobody said anything about pro.??

did they?

The poster is just saying that they are not using the pro version of the Tiny Scanner app, so they cannot comment on how that version works.