only 100 results in evernote-app?

When I search inside a note in the Evernote desktop, I receive all the words:

desktop.png

in this example: 123

When I search in the evernote app (ios in my case), I ever receive only 100 and no more

app.jpg

Why this difference?

But above all, why this limit?

😥

• Level 5

This question is new, so interesting observation.

Maybe you could post a support request via the twitter account, since as a basic user you are not allowed to post a direct support ticket. Or lookup this at Twitter for a possible information: @Evernotehelp

• Level 5*
On 4/29/2019 at 6:07 AM, gabriello said:

When I search inside a note in the Evernote desktop, I receive all the words:  in this example: 123
When I search in the evernote app (ios in my case), I ever receive only 100 and no more
Why this difference?
But above all, why this limit?

Each device/platform maintains it's own search index
There could be differences, but I'd expect the results to be the same

afaik  there is no limit; here's a sample from my iPad      2CF05EF0-9B4D-49B8-B311-CFAE69F21598.jpeg.efba3ce55f6022aa7f1bcf5735cb0709.jpeg

Problem - submitted Ticket# 2832414

• The above result (2387) is full offline data; with internet
  • Turning off the internet, the count is 2407; same as Mac and Web
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, gabriello said:

there is limit (here) , also in my ipad, only 100 and stop.

Just an idea; Our devices are limited by cache size

The search is being run on the servers, with the results downloaded to our device cache

• Level 5*

Just tried a search for "the" and got screen after screen on my Android phone - no obvious way to tell how many hits,  but it looked like LOTS.  Same deal on my tablet - anyone seeing actual numbers somewhere? 

NB Search on Android WORKS!!!! (Which it didn't recently) 🙃

• Level 5

Just tried it on my iPad: Search for the textstring „Rechnung“ (Invoice) brought a flood of hits. I have no count, but there are for sure more than 100. Now it was the text that was found and marked, but I have a tag with this name as well. To exclude this I made a search where I have no tag.

So I tried „Apple“ as second text string. Because I save all purchases from iTunes and the AppStore, as well as other related stuff, there were again more than 100 hits.

So at least on my iPad there is no limit, be it 100 or anything else (iPad Pro 10.5 / 512).

To tell a long story short, same try, same result on my iPhone (iphone 6S+ / 128). iOS and EN-app latest regular version on both.

P.S. I do not get a count as a number, but from scrolling I can say for sure that it is well above 100 hits.

P.P.S. Nowhere in the settings there is a high-count-limit for searches, not within of the iOS EN-app nor in the general iOS settings.