Plain text? Plain note without extras?

t87699

Any way I can have all text in the note all the same text size and font - automatically?

Is it possible to have a simple note, without all the annoying extras, time last edited, share etc... ?

I'm just looking for a simple notepad that can be used on Android. 

Thanks

• Level 5*
On 4/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, t87699 said:

Any way I can have all text in the note all the same text size and font - automatically?

Is it possible to have a simple note, without all the annoying extras, time last edited, share etc... ?

No. All Evernote notes have a certain amount of associated metadata. 

• Level 5*
On 4/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, t87699 said:

... I'm just looking for a simple notepad that can be used on Android. 

Note contents can include files of any format.

Use any editor that meets your requirements and store the files in Evernote.  I do this with various editors; including text editor apps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, t87699 said:

What do you mean 'editor'. 

Can you explain?

How do you do this/

598895989_ScreenShot2019-05-09at06_38_15.png.c16590a35190c88d82964315dd477c67.pngThe screenshot from my Mac is a sample note

For various reasons, I did not use the Evernote editor to create this document; I used Apple Pages
The document is embedded in a note as a file attachment.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, t87699 said:

I can try this in Windows, would this work in Android too?

The note attachment is an Evernote feature on all platforms.

Mac's also support inline display.  

• 11 months later...
On 5/9/2019 at 3:51 PM, t87699 said:

Thanks for the information. 

I dont use MAC

I can try this in Windows, would this work in Android too?

tanks

This is a year late but something I used to love doing was this:

1. Create a windows shortcut for notepad (I created a shortcut with CTRL+ALT+Z) which would automatically open notepad

2. Create an evernote import folder (Tools > Import Folders... > Add...) and set it to auto import your note.

3. Everytime you want to create a plain text note, open up notepad with your shortcut and then write and save it to the import folder.

I got so quick at it because I was having issues with the Evernote note editor. You don't even have to save the note - once you have written your plain text you could even just use CTRL+A to select everything you just wrote and CTRL+ALT+V to paste to evernote.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, NewHero said:

This is a year late but something I used to love doing was this:

1. Create a windows shortcut for notepad (I created a shortcut with CTRL+ALT+Z) which would automatically open notepad

2. Create an evernote import folder (Tools > Import Folders... > Add...) and set it to auto import your note.

3. Everytime you want to create a plain text note, open up notepad with your shortcut and then write and save it to the import folder.

I got so quick at it because I was having issues with the Evernote note editor. You don't even have to save the note - once you have written your plain text you could even just use CTRL+A to select everything you just wrote and CTRL+ALT+V to paste to evernote.

Or you could just use the Evernote Windows global shortcut key (default is Ctrl+Alt+N, I think, but it's configurable) to open a new Evernote note, and you just type in that note, and you'd get the exact same result.