Safari Develop>Open Page With... menu is full of old versions of EN.

• Level 5

Why „clean out“ ? If you are a developer, you may want to refer to older versions, for debugging user requests for example.

Typically you will run the corresponding OS in a virtual machine, to allow multiple environments to be tested in parallel. If you are not a developer, why bother ?

I am not a developer. I am an artist.

Safari is my main browser; now and then I encounter a page that doesn't work in it, and use develop>open page with... to quickly toss it to Firefox or Chrome. Both of which, you will note, are listed below about thirty old versions of Evernote.

----

I have managed to get rid of most of them; in the interest of not being DenverCoder9 here is what I did:

I was able to get rid of a bunch of them by going to ~/Application Support/Evernote/ and removing the entire .Sparkle directory, and more just now by going to ~/Library/Caches/com.evernote.Evernote and removing the Sparkle directory.

I have also discovered that if I attempt to open a webpage in any of the remaining copies of EN, I'm told I'm opening this app for the first time, and given an option to show it in Finder, which makes it easy to find the rest. Restart Safari and enjoy a much shorter list.

Oh yes, it is also worth noting that all of these old versions were wasting a ton of space on my disc. They're each like ~150 megabytes, which is maybe not much in modern drives, but multiply that by about thirty of them silently piling up with no indication except for this and it's starting to be worth noticing, especially if you're on a machine with a small SSD.

• Thanks 1