Cursor keeps jumping to top of note

chiko930

Idea

I registered to Evernote only a couple of days ago and it was working fine the first day but now after a little while, the cursor on each note keeps jumping to the beginning making it impossible to keep typing. I'll click to where I want to type and it might type one letter but then it skips back to the beginning again. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

• Like 1

11 replies to this idea

On 4/22/2019 at 5:08 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

If it's Windows, there have been longstanding reports and discussions of this. I worked out some ideas in this post in a long thread:

Thanks! Wow, this has been going on for years! I wasn't able to fix the issue in the current version but saw the option to switch back to a previous version and now am no longer getting the cursor jump :)

You know, I've been having this happen occasionally for years, but it's been happening at least a handful of times a day for about a week now. Occasionally, it will keep happening every few characters. I'm seeing this on both the Windows and the Mac platform. Fully closing and reopening the Windows application seems to help for a while.

• Like 2

I have the same issue on Chrome using Ubuntu. The cursor constantly jumps to the beginning of the note. Also, I recently have drag and drop issues. When I drop an image sometimes it doesn't upload and I have to do it again. Most of the times it is pasted in the wrong place.

J'ai le même problème depuis quelque jours et c'est réellement handicapant étant donné qu'Evernote est mon principal outil de travail... Et je ne peux pas revenir à la version précédente car elle ne présente pas toutes les fonctionnalités dont j'ai besoin. Si l'équipe d'Evernote pouvait apporter une mise à jour rapide pour corriger ce bug, merci !

• Level 5
On 2/19/2020 at 10:49 PM, Afraaz said:

this just started happening to me. I am running evernote inside chrome itself on a mac. it started happening to me 3 days ago, does anyone know of a fix?

On 3/17/2020 at 7:53 AM, Vitor Brangioni said:

Same issue. Any solution?

14 hours ago, mostafa.razavi said:

I have the same issue on Chrome using Ubuntu. The cursor constantly jumps to the beginning of the note. Also, I recently have drag and drop issues. When I drop an image sometimes it doesn't upload and I have to do it again. Most of the times it is pasted in the wrong place.

For Web users, see this thread in the Web client forum: