Missing Notes after re loggin in (Urgent)

Timothy Leong

Idea

Hi Everyone, I was told to re login into my account on my chrome browser. After doing so all my notes were deleted or missing. I need help asap to retrieve them as I have alot of important information there. Will be grateful for any help. Thanks! Im using a macbook if that helps. 

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Timothy Leong said:

Hi Everyone, I was told to re login into my account on my chrome browser. After doing so all my notes were deleted or missing. I need help asap to retrieve them as I have alot of important information there. Will be grateful for any help. Thanks! Im using a macbook if that helps. 

Often times this is due to signing in with a different user name and password (it has proven to be easy to create a second account by accident).  I would suggest going back and signing in again being sure you are using the correct user name.

1 hour ago, CalS said:

Often times this is due to signing in with a different user name and password (it has proven to be easy to create a second account by accident).  I would suggest going back and signing in again being sure you are using the correct user name.

Actually its not, you need a whole new email for it, and when you do it, this will pop up( I just made a new account for example ) :

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 10.45.40 AM.png

Edited by MatS14
To correct spelling
  • Like 1
  • Level 5*
11 minutes ago, MatS14 said:

Actually its not, you need a whole new email for it, and wen you do it, this will pop up( I just made a new account for example ) :

Well, all I can say is these forums are littered with posts of accidental secondary accounts causing notes to "disappear".  It is the de facto way to start the debug.

• Like 3

I am missing the content of one note.  I have saved all the service tickets (by attaching the pdf) from my auto repairs in one notebook for years.  Now the notebook is empty. I've already checked my login to be sure I didn't accidentally create a new account.   And I checked the Trash folder to be sure it wasn't accidentally deleted.  Is there any hope of recovering this? 

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, taylormrs said:

I am missing the content of one note.  I have saved all the service tickets (by attaching the pdf) from my auto repairs in one notebook for years.  Now the notebook is empty. I've already checked my login to be sure I didn't accidentally create a new account.   And I checked the Trash folder to be sure it wasn't accidentally deleted.  Is there any hope of recovering this? 

• Level 5

Are you only on the web, or using a desktop client as well ?

On the assumption that there was content lost on the cloud server (which only happens when it was deleted by the user, often accidentally). The cloud server is the master file of your EN data.

But the Desktop clients (Win, Mac) hold their own database. If you stop syncing (easiest way is take the machine off the internet, by detaching the Ethernet cable and/or switching off WLAN) BEFORE opening EN, a local copy will most likely be available. It is possible to retrieve it from there.

Same with the mobile apps, if and only when the notebook containing the note was declared „offline“ and the EN app had not been opened before. Here go to flight mode before opening the EN app to avoid synchronizing.

In both cases, a local copy of the note must be created by you and the EN client must be closed to save everything before connecting again to the internet. Then the „twin“ of the copy will be synced to the cloud database.

if the desktop client was already synced, you have one more chance - but only if you have a backup created before the note was deleted, and the local database is included in the backup. Then you can retrieve the backup of the EN database from the backup file, and again create a copy of the note like described above. How to retrieve depends on the backup software and setup you are using. 

If you do not know, get professional help, if the note is important enough to pay the professional you will need.

And if you do not backup your machine, you should think about changing this any time soon. No backup, no pity ....