Using San Francisco font for note body

Is it possible to switch the default font for notes on the Mac to be San Francisco (the "default" OS font)? Right now, I have it set to Helvetica (see screenshot attached). I can change the font, but don't see San Francisco from the font selection menu. Am I missing something?

‑Alex

font-selection.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, avernet said:

Is it possible to switch the default font for notes on the Mac to be San Francisco (the "default" OS font)? Right now, I have it set to Helvetica (see screenshot attached). I can change the font, but don't see San Francisco from the font selection menu. Am I missing something?

‑Alex

font-selection.png

Do you have the San Francisco font installed on your Mac?

1 hour ago, CalS said:

Do you have the San Francisco font installed on your Mac?

Well, well, you're right; I thought that San Francisco could only be used by apps for UI elements, and couldn't be "installed" as a regular font. But I was wrong. I could just install it and then select it from the Evernote preferences. Thank you for the hint!

‑Alex

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, avernet said:

Well, well, you're right; I thought that San Francisco could only be used by apps for UI elements, and couldn't be "installed" as a regular font. But I was wrong. I could just install it and then select it from the Evernote preferences. Thank you for the hint!

‑Alex

You are welcome.

18 hours ago, avernet said:

‑Alex

Pro tip: After you install it on your Mac, add the San Francisco fonts to the "Web" group in Font Book. You'll be able to have it as an option inside the note body. This is how I added Caecilia and Gotham to my notes:

All_Notes.png.3547abeac56e5dd66dee9e9ff6051e0a.png

Archived