Web clipper fails, still counts against usage

I tried to save an image-heavy article with the Evernote web clipper on Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit), and it failed. My guess is that the article was bigger than my monthly allowance. I don't know, since web clipper doesn't notify of failure, per se. It just doesn't confirm success. So the article didn't save. Great. I could live with that. 

Except it still counted against my monthly usage limits. So now my Evernote will not sync for the next twenty-five days. Cool.

There is no error log to post. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, justdisa said:

I tried to save an image-heavy article with the Evernote web clipper on Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit), and it failed. My guess is that the article was bigger than my monthly allowance. I don't know, since web clipper doesn't notify of failure, per se. It just doesn't confirm success. So the article didn't save. Great. I could live with that. 

Except it still counted against my monthly usage limits. So now my Evernote will not sync for the next twenty-five days. Cool.

There is no error log to post. 

Not sure about the counting against usage, but you can get a notification of a successful clip via Clipper Settings.

ScreenClip.png.2e9430ebe9f8963030af9083ea09a52f.png

Sorry. I wasn't clear. When the clipper succeeds, it does notify you. When it fails, however, it just disappears. It doesn't tell you it's failed and it certainly doesn't tell you why. It just doesn't generate the success message. 

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, justdisa said:

Sorry. I wasn't clear. When the clipper succeeds, it does notify you. When it fails, however, it just disappears. It doesn't tell you it's failed and it certainly doesn't tell you why. It just doesn't generate the success message. 

No prob, my bad.  Sounds like lack of success confirmation by absence.  Not a good thing.

• Like 1