Jump to content
Lisa S Marburg

Using different notebooks in parallel

Recommended Posts

I have up to 5 notebooks for different topics at the moment and I would find it very helpful if I could open three or more of them in parallel in different windows, so that I can work with them at the same time in parallel and switch between them as one would do with different folders (and this means, of course, more than just opening the note you are just working at in a separate window, which I already do). Do you know whether this is possible or what I can do in order to work like this?

Other question, I would also like to have the possibility to make file shortcuts of a note and put this file shortcut into an other notebook, so that one can work at the same note in different notebooks directly (without a separate link). Do you know whether this is possible?

 

I would be glad if you can help me, it would make my work much more comfortable! Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Lisa S Marburg said:

three or more of them in parallel in different windows

I can have multiple note list windows open on my Mac; either separate windows or tabs

>>shortcuts of a note and put this file shortcut into an other notebook

Nope, only a single notebook for notes.  One of the primary reasons I use tags

Since you mentioned shortcuts, You can use a ToC note in the other notebooks that contains links to the notes

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Lisa S Marburg said:

I have up to 5 notebooks for different topics at the moment and I would find it very helpful if I could open three or more of them in parallel in different windows, so that I can work with them at the same time in parallel and switch between them as one would do with different folders (and this means, of course, more than just opening the note you are just working at in a separate window, which I already do). Do you know whether this is possible or what I can do in order to work like this?

Only way I know would be to open multiple instances of a browser and open EN in each to a different notebook.  So one notebook open in the EN Window and the other four each in their own instance of Chrome/Firefox/Brave/Opera whatever.  Be careful not to create conflicts, but if you stick in one notebook per session it should be safe.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for your answers! Sad that different windows only work with a mac, but good to know there's really no other way except opening Evernote several times in different browsers. So I will stop looking for an other way to try it now...

And using tags as an addition to different notebooks might be a solution, I will definitely try it out. Thanks a lot! 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lisa S Marburg said:

Thanks for your answers!

You are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...