Jump to content
required_username

Easy question on forwarding

Recommended Posts

Should be easy, but I can't find the answer here or Support.

Trying to forward emails from gmail to EN stand alone app in Windows.  Have everything set until I get a popup in Gmail "A confirmation code has been sent to fakeaddress@m.evernote.com to verify permission.'  I think I know the email should appear in the Inbox folder of EN. I have no Inbox folder.  Where is the email so I can confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, required_username said:

I think I know the email should appear in the Inbox folder of EN. I have no Inbox folder.  Where is the email so I can confirm?

By default, emails to my Evernote address are assigned to my default notebook (not folder)835587638_ScreenShot2019-04-15at12_41_36.png.85a3cd9ee18d136796582dca90c55edb.png

This can be overridden in the email title, and there's an auto-filing option in user settings.

Note: This is a server function.  The emails won't appear on your device until sync'd

Share this post


Link to post

Ah Ha.  I suppose this means create an "Inbox" folder and make it the default.  I didn't know if I could create a default Inbox or had to go through a lot of technical stuff.  If my presumption is wrong, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, required_username said:

Ah Ha.  I suppose this means create an "Inbox" folder and make it the default.  I didn't know if I could create a default Inbox or had to go through a lot of technical stuff.  If my presumption is wrong, let me know.

Tools - Options - General - Select default notebook.  The notebook needs to exist before you select it.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, required_username said:

Should be easy, but I can't find the answer here or Support.

Trying to forward emails from gmail to EN stand alone app in Windows.  Have everything set until I get a popup in Gmail "A confirmation code has been sent to fakeaddress@m.evernote.com to verify permission.'  I think I know the email should appear in the Inbox folder of EN. I have no Inbox folder.  Where is the email so I can confirm?

Just to clarify, @required_username (heh, love it), emails are forwarded, not to an inbox, but to your default notebook; and they are not sent to the Windows app but to the main home of your notes, which is Evernote's servers. The Windows program then must sync with the servers (as it regularly does) to get the sent material onto your computer. You can create an Inbox notebook and make it the default, but then every other note created in the default notebook will be there. It's also possible (theoretically) to specify a notebook other than the default in the subject line of the email (see the instructions here), but I haven't been able to get that to work consistently.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

It's also possible (theoretically) to specify a notebook other than the default in the subject line of the email

Thanks.  If that works, it's outstanding.

And thanks to CalS on the Inbox tip

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, required_username said:

And thanks to CalS on the Inbox tip

You are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...