Can't drag image from screenpresso to Evernote any more.

Go to solution Solved by Tieria,

Hi, there.

on Windows 10,

I used to be able to drag & drop an image from popup window of ScreenPresso icon at taskbar to Evernote desktop, just like image below.

Capture.PNG.c7ac77cc7952513ac6cb52da94c3de9e.PNG

but after update Evernote for windows, Evernote always freezes if I do this.

This problem happens only with ScreenPresso app,
but when I try the same drag&drop with different note app like Onenote, then it works no problem, So problem is from Evernote.

I've tried reinstall but it does not fix the problem.
If I use the short cut command (Ctrl+C & V) then, it works no problem.

If there is any suggestion of fix this problem, please give me an advice.

Thank you.

• Level 5*
On 4/16/2019 at 3:23 PM, Tieria said:

Yes, in that case, it works with no problem. Just drag from the popup window of Screenpresso to Evernote does not work.

I guessed so.  I have the same experience with Outlook - original emails get moved to Evernote where I can still open them in Outlook but they're grouped by project / transaction rather than by title or conversation.  There's never been a way (AFAIK) to dnd the original .MSG file directly,  via the desktop is the only route.

20 hours ago, gazumped said:

I guessed so.  I have the same experience with Outlook - original emails get moved to Evernote where I can still open them in Outlook but they're grouped by project / transaction rather than by title or conversation.  There's never been a way (AFAIK) to dnd the original .MSG file directly,  via the desktop is the only route.

Thank you for your advice. But I used to be able to drag&drop with older version of Evernote desktop (until ver. 6.4.2). I tried to re-install older version, however older version doesn't allow me to log in with "can't connect to server" error.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 5/4/2020 at 1:21 AM, imagemaster said:

The same issue with Evernote and Skype on Windows 10. Will it be fixed?

Hi.  Possibly in the new Evernote due out later this year...

• Level 5
On 5/3/2020 at 8:21 PM, imagemaster said:

The same issue with Evernote and Skype on Windows 10. Will it be fixed?

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Since you're adding to a year-old thread about a different software program, could you give a few more details?

18 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

could you give a few more details?

Hello, sure.

Windows 10 64x (Ru)
Evernote (any version)
ScreenPresso (any version) link

If I tried to drag&drop any image from ScreenPresso window to a new Evernote note window, the new note window stops responding, it can’t even be closed.

• 5 months later...
  • Solution

After years later, now I realized I can drag and drop with Evernote windows app.

I mean, you can download Evernote app from Microsoft store with your windows PC.
And this Evernote app can drag and drop without any problems.

So I'll stop using Evernote for windows desktop and use Evernote windows app instead.