Adding new line or space in the middle of your note

Hi everyone,

I am currently studying chemistry and biology basics to implement those into machine learning models for drug discovery domain. A lot of my notes consist of figures, chemical reactions, templates etc. Most of the time, I get new information about a topic and I want to add that information to that topic as well. But since that topic is in the middle of the note, so I don't have space to add it. The cut and paste feature by marking area can't be applied here because I have a long trail of note and many times my topic is in the middle of my note(sometimes there are lots of pages after it as well).
So, I want a feature of adding a line or space in the middle of the note(just like adding a row in excel sheet or pressing enter in a digitally produced note where the rest of the content shifts downwards.). 

PS: Something like comments in a pdf viewer can also be tried where extra information can be added to the same topic in the note without disturbing space.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Penultimate hasn't had much love (that I'm aware of) for some time - others in the forums seem to use third-party apps very successfully for written notes,  but I'm not sure how well they would deal with insertions like this.  Have you tried any other apps to compare?

On 4/16/2019 at 5:19 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Penultimate hasn't had much love (that I'm aware of) for some time - others in the forums seem to use third-party apps very successfully for written notes,  but I'm not sure how well they would deal with insertions like this.  Have you tried any other apps to compare?

I have used ipad default notes app which also lack this feature. However, I have recently started using Penultimate which seems good enough for now. There are some basic problems like directly sync to a particular notebook of evernote rather than the default one, slow reponse to touch etc. I would prefer to be in same ecosystem of evernote if they keep working on sync and removing basic problems of side products.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Reverse Engineer said:

I would prefer to be in same ecosystem of evernote if they keep working on sync and removing basic problems of side products.

There's a longer discussion here which may help - Noteability and Goodnotes seem to get a good mention...

- I get what you mean about staying in the same ecosystem,  but Penultimate seems to be only just about hanging on in there...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Reverse Engineer said:

I would prefer to be in same ecosystem of evernote ...

I find it too limiting to stay in the same eco system (any platform)

It does add a sync step, but I use the best tools for the job.  Excel/Numbers for spreadsheets, Word/Pages for documents, ... and Notability for note taking.

@gazumped I will try Noteability and Goodnotes and let you know my feedback. Hopefully, they will work on improving the quality of Penultimate.

@DTLow I get your point and the context from where you are coming from but it boils down to personal preference. For me, rather than having an array of tools for different tasks, I prefer a small number of tools with high efficiency.

• Like 1