Easily highlight text on tablet

On tablet, when the highlighter is enabled, one should be able to drag their finger across text on the screen to highlight it. If you had a stylus or Apple pencil, you could then use that to highlight text as you read it.

The current state: when the highlighter is enabled, nothing happens. You have to click on a word. Select the pop-up menu "Select". Then drag the boundary borders to the section of text you want. Then click the highlight icon in the menu. This makes it very very difficult to read a text document and highlight it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 6:47 PM, ux_designer said:

On tablet, when the highlighter is enabled, one should be able to drag their finger across text on the screen to highlight it. If you had a stylus or Apple pencil, you could then use that to highlight text as you read it.

The current state: when the highlighter is enabled, nothing happens. You have to click on a word. Select the pop-up menu "Select". Then drag the boundary borders to the section of text you want. Then click the highlight icon in the menu. This makes it very very difficult to read a text document and highlight it

This really should be a feature in this otherwise best in class app.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Totally agree. It would be a very useful feature. To select the highlighter and that you could read and highlight every piece of text you like, instead of selecting text and then the highlight button every single time. It's a lot of clicks and time wasted.

• Level 5*

If you haven't already, try the web version with the "beta editor" enabled (lower right option).  EN is working on a universal edior that is being test driven on the web version first so this will give you some insight into what they are working on and then you can comment on it if you like.

Agreed. Marginnote has this feature and you can even change the color or tag the highlight etc etc. I mostly read PDF or EPub in Marginnote and send highlights to EN, but there is a ton of other stuff I’d like to be able to easily highlight in EN. 

• 2 years later...

I don’t understand the interest of this forum. 
i need this easy highlight feature on my tablet with a pen and the only thing I see are old requests from 2019, no comments from Evernote support and no solution except going to a different tool!

if you have a solution please put it in

• Level 5

If you are not happy with what you get, contribute.

The forum is user2user, and it lives from what we users post here - not from users who come here leaned back, expecting an easy consumption experience.

About this thread: It is old, in 2019 the current clients had not even released. I wouldn‘t seek insight here.