Add medical or other dictionary to evernote!

maxdboy100

Idea

Hi, I am a medical researcher and I have yet to find a way to add a medical dictionary to evernote. If at all possible, how do I do it and if not...is it something that will be added shortly?

(for both mac and windows versions)

Thanks,

Max

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

The Custom Dictionary file is a text file in C:\Users\username\Evernote\LocalStorage but it has a checksum, so it doesn't seem you can just add stuff to the text file via a text editor. Best you may be able to do is add all the words you use frequently to a single note, then right-click and add them.

There would conceivably be a ton if dictionaries to add beyond medical. Computer, Greek/Hebrew, proper names from history, biology, etc. 

I would think though if you added them as per above, you could keep that custom dictionary.txt file with you from PC to PC.

Unfortunately, Evernote doesn't natively support adding custom dictionaries, including medical ones, on either Mac or Windows. But fret not! Workarounds abound: 1) Install external medical spell checkers that integrate with Evernote (Grammarly has some medical add-ons). 2) Create custom Evernote tags for medical terms you frequently use. 3) Consider alternative note-taking apps with built-in medical dictionary support. Hope this helps navigate the (unhyphenated) path to medical terminology clarity!