May I please have ALL of my Shortcuts back?

My Android app (v.8.9) and the new Web app limit the number of shortcuts displayed to six. I have, and use regularly, just over 20. Limiting my shortcuts to the six most recently created or used might simplify the UI but it renders the shortcuts feature pretty much useless!

I get the desire for a cleaner UI, but please, let me make that decision. If you must limit the number displayed, make it a setting.

I invested a lot of time building those saved searches and make the shortcuts, and they save me time each time I use them. Now, I feel like you've taken that time away from me.

Please, may I have my shortcuts back?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm also on 8.9 which is the current beta version - was your experience any better in the current general release?  You could step back both in the Android and the Web version - uninstall/ reinstall for Android and check Settings for the web version.  My current Android app 8.9.3 seems to include a goodly list of Shortcuts (that's only the start of my list) if that's an option...

screenshot_20190406-150834.png.1de84d37bd7af5b0682485f09ec1a09c.png

Thank you Gazumped!

I only see version 8.9 under Settings > Support > Check for Updates in my Android app. In Google Play, it says 8.9 as well, updated March 28, 2019. Nothing more granular than 8.9. How would I revert to an earlier version, such as, I'm assuming, 8.9.3?

The web app allows you to switch back to the previous version. All of my shortcuts display there. In addition to hiding most of my shortcuts, the new web version also removed all of the tag hierarchy-- another deal breaker for me.

I just wish Evernote wouldn't just, willy nilly, take useful functionality away. It's very frustrating.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Bill Clarke said:

...it says 8.9 as well, updated March 28, 2019

I'm a Beta user,  and -theoretically- have the latest version of the apps.  Sounds like you have the latest general release version though, that (I'd forgotten) came out a few weeks ago. 

If you'd like to advance to the beta version,  see these instructions,  but also note that betas may not be fully house-trained in other respects - see comments above. 

To go back to an earlier version (if 8.8 worked for you) see https://evernote.en.uptodown.com/android/old - it's NOT an official Evernote site,  but you can find older versions of the app there.  Stepping back is a matter of syncing fully / uninstalling / restarting / downloading the older version and installing.  (Make sure you don't automatically download updates,  otherwise it will simply step back up again next time you connect.)

@Dave-in-Decatur's suggestion of a support request seems like a good idea though - maybe Evernote can fix this for you!  Please let us know what happens :)

@gazumped Play store now offering ver 8.9 updated April 4, 2019. I haven't paid much attention to this since I left the Beta, so I don't know if it is normal for EN to release an update without incrementing the version number (as it appears 8.9 was first released on March 28). Also on 3/28 at 18:58, Alexis M wrote an update to my ticket 2804215 stating that version 8.9 [specifically, what the activity log calls ver 8.9(1082733) Evernote revision: 8.9_2452 ] was Beta. The activity log I just generated on my Pixel 2 XL which is running the GA app says 8.9(1082793) Evernote revision: 8.9_2461 i.e. only minor changes between the two.

So it appears EN took Beta software with known, show-stopper issues, and pushed it into production. This is still shocking; I wish it was a surprise.

@Bill Clarke do you happen to have an activity log from the version of the app you were using when you reported this problem? It would be interesting to know the build number [ the 7 digit number in parentheses ] and the revision number.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, John in Michigan USA said:

So it appears EN took Beta software with known, show-stopper issues, and pushed it into production. This is still shocking; I wish it was a surprise.

I'm still trying to get my head around 8.9.3 Beta assuring me that it is the 'latest version' when 8.9 has already been released in March (or April) and presumably should have incorporated any bug fixes from feedback received...  The Android team seem to have their own interpretation of correctly formatted version numbers.  <_<

Android beta releases were (for some arcane reason) conducted in Google+,  and following Google's shut down,  now (should?) have a new home in the Forums.  Hopefully we'll see a little more discipline here,  but I wouldn't count on it...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

As far as the web version goes, the Current version seems to be the one that is feature complete at this point, and the "newer" version is actually a Beta.  There's another thread that discusses this in some detail.  Net of it for me is to use what's referenced as the Current version until EN reports they have introduced a new, not-Beta version.