Lost notes through syncing

PhantomL

Idea

Hi, I have evernote basic on my ipad and my laptop. Recently my ipad has had syncing issues and hasn't been updated with the notes I have been making on my laptop and today I opened up laptop evernote where I had been making important essay notes which had not synced with my ipad to discover that my laptop had 'synced' with my ipad meaning that I had lost important essay notes!

Please help this is urgent and I may fail a unit at university if this isn't sorted! Is there a way to back up a previous sync!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You could try logging in at evernote.com to see if your notes are present in the master database on Evernote's servers. If the notes were there on the laptop but did not appear at all in the iPad, a sync shouldn't cause them to disappear from the laptop; rather, they should be added to the iPad. If the notes exist on evernote.com, you should be OK. It's also possible to sign up for Premium for one month, which will give you access to prior note histories; you can then drop back to Basic after a month.

1 minute ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

You could try logging in at evernote.com to see if your notes are present in the master database on Evernote's servers. If the notes were there on the laptop but did not appear at all in the iPad, a sync shouldn't cause them to disappear from the laptop; rather, they should be added to the iPad. If the notes exist on evernote.com, you should be OK. It's also possible to sign up for Premium for one month, which will give you access to prior note histories; you can then drop back to Basic after a month.

If you can't do that, I suggest contacting Evernote support.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, PhantomL said:

Hi, it didn't appear on evernote.com, how do I contact support?

You should probably start here (it's labelled "for iOS', but it's general enough for amyone): 

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, PhantomL said:

I had lost important essay notes!

It's happened to me and I had to recover the lost data from backups.

I have personal backups, and Evernote runs a Note History backu.

Access to the Note History data is a paid feature; you can subscribe for a single month.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858-How-to-use-note-history-to-view-older-versions-of-a-note

Archived