Jump to content
marlonandshelly

ANSWERED The note is currently unavailable.

Recommended Posts

I can't for the life of me figure out why none of my notes open on my Android phone. It had been working great a few months ago and then suddenly started reporting "This note is unavailable" on every note, leaving the app completely unusable. It's not temporary or intermittent. I have not been able to open notes for months.

When I try to create a new note, the app just crashes, sends logs, and then disappears.

I have tried everything. I've cleared the cache, deleted and reinstalled the app. I even did a reset to factory image and still no luck.

For what it's worth, I can access my notes through Chrome if I tell Chrome to treat the page as a Desktop site. This "works" for reading notes but creating/editing is a hot mess in the browser. I really just want the app to work again!

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Nick L. said:

Are you running Android Q beta? 

I have the same problem, and yes, I'm running Android Q beta. The problem occured when i upgraded to Android Q beta.

Share this post


Link to post

@Rashid Thanks for confirming. This is a known issue to us and it's related to apps accessing permission group changes introduced in Android Q. We're trying to fix up some of these more critical bugs, but please know we don't officially support Android Q yet. 

Thanks for reporting! 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Nick L. said:

@Rashid Thanks for confirming. This is a known issue to us and it's related to apps accessing permission group changes introduced in Android Q. We're trying to fix up some of these more critical bugs, but please know we don't officially support Android Q yet. 

Thanks for reporting! 

Yes but it's kinda critical to fix so we can at least open our notes.
I am not saying that you guys have to fix it right away but please consider it.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Rashid A. said:

Yes but it's kinda critical to fix so we can at least open our notes.
I am not saying that you guys have to fix it right away but please consider it.

Agreed. This is pretty important to us to get fixed so we're moving as fast as we can right now to get it fixed, but at this time we have some bugs that will take priority over this one for being on supported operating systems.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2019 at 8:39 PM, Nick L. said:

Agreed. This is pretty important to us to get fixed so we're moving as fast as we can right now to get it fixed, but at this time we have some bugs that will take priority over this one for being on supported operating systems.

It works as expected since today. Thanks. 

Don't know if Android Q beta 2 fixed this it your 8.9 update.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm experiencing the same thing.  After my Android update, Evernote reads that the "note is currently unavailable."  BEYOND FRUSTRATING!!!!  GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!  

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2019 at 8:28 AM, Nick L. said:

@Rashid Thanks for confirming. This is a known issue to us and it's related to apps accessing permission group changes introduced in Android Q. We're trying to fix up some of these more critical bugs, but please know we don't officially support Android Q yet. 

Thanks for reporting! 

Nick, I was glad to see that Ashcroft found an uninstall/reinstall fix for his phone.

Per your comment, how do we know what Android versions are "officially supported" at any time? If Verizon says there's a system update available but I'm getting ready to go on a trip where I really need all my Evernote data, it would be great to know what Android versions NOT to update to.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, Nick -- so Android 10 is supported, as long as it's not Beta...

I am still bitten by Evernote not opening pdfs via Adobe (on my Note 9). It took me a little while to realize that it was only when Evernote tried opening the pdf, not thru other Android apps. Moral for me is to get to the Evernote Android forum earlier in the trouble-shooting process :).

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I too am having this same problem after upgrading to Android 10 on my phone. The Evernote version is 8.6.1.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I had the same problem with Evernote not being able to open any notes after upgrading to Android 10.  It always said they were "unavailable". It turns out I was running Evernote 8.6.1 (pretty old!) and it wasn't compatible with the new Android system security features. As soon as I went to Google Play and upgraded to Evernote 8.12, everything worked fine.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow! I had the same problem. I just noticed that I had version 7.12. Google Play always announces when I have updates for my apps, but hasn't done it for Evernote in quite a while apparently... Everything works fine now after the update!

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/28/2020 at 1:17 AM, Jonathan Marz said:

I had the same problem with Evernote not being able to open any notes after upgrading to Android 10.  It always said they were "unavailable". It turns out I was running Evernote 8.6.1 (pretty old!) and it wasn't compatible with the new Android system security features. As soon as I went to Google Play and upgraded to Evernote 8.12, everything worked fine.

 

 

I was having the same problem, went to google play and updated and now all works fine. Thank you for the advice 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Mardihem said:

I was having the same problem, went to google play and updated and now all works fine. Thank you for the advice 

You're welcome! Great to hear that I could help you.

Share this post


Link to post

I was updating in vain, why did I decide to install unstable software? I ran into a similar problem, now I have the error "This note is unavailable". I will roll back ..

Share this post


Link to post

How long can I wait for Android Q support in Evernote?

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Kastroli said:

How long can I wait for Android Q support in Evernote?

Some posts earlier suggested updating to the latest (non-beta) version of the Evernote app, in case you haven't yet.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi

To day after updating my galaxy A70 to andorid 10, i am facing this error which precents me to access my notes.

My evernote is 8.5.3.

Anyone have any comments?

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Keiki said:

Hi

To day after updating my galaxy A70 to andorid 10, i am facing this error which precents me to access my notes.

My evernote is 8.5.3.

Anyone have any comments?

 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. 8.5.3 sounds like a very old version of Evernote. Try going to the Play Store and updating to the current version.

Share this post


Link to post

Going into Google Play and updating has resolved this. 

I think it's poor that Evernote  don't send a message when Android have a software update to tell users that they need to update the app. If that isn't possible, instead of a message just saying the note can't be opened, a message telling users to update the app would be more useful.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...