marlonandshelly

ANSWERED The note is currently unavailable.

I can't for the life of me figure out why none of my notes open on my Android phone. It had been working great a few months ago and then suddenly started reporting "This note is unavailable" on every note, leaving the app completely unusable. It's not temporary or intermittent. I have not been able to open notes for months.

When I try to create a new note, the app just crashes, sends logs, and then disappears.

I have tried everything. I've cleared the cache, deleted and reinstalled the app. I even did a reset to factory image and still no luck.

For what it's worth, I can access my notes through Chrome if I tell Chrome to treat the page as a Desktop site. This "works" for reading notes but creating/editing is a hot mess in the browser. I really just want the app to work again!

Are you running Android Q beta? 

16 hours ago, Nick L. said:

Are you running Android Q beta? 

I have the same problem, and yes, I'm running Android Q beta. The problem occured when i upgraded to Android Q beta.

@Rashid Thanks for confirming. This is a known issue to us and it's related to apps accessing permission group changes introduced in Android Q. We're trying to fix up some of these more critical bugs, but please know we don't officially support Android Q yet. 

Thanks for reporting! 

4 hours ago, Nick L. said:

@Rashid Thanks for confirming. This is a known issue to us and it's related to apps accessing permission group changes introduced in Android Q. We're trying to fix up some of these more critical bugs, but please know we don't officially support Android Q yet. 

Thanks for reporting! 

Yes but it's kinda critical to fix so we can at least open our notes.
I am not saying that you guys have to fix it right away but please consider it.

22 minutes ago, Rashid A. said:

Yes but it's kinda critical to fix so we can at least open our notes.
I am not saying that you guys have to fix it right away but please consider it.

Agreed. This is pretty important to us to get fixed so we're moving as fast as we can right now to get it fixed, but at this time we have some bugs that will take priority over this one for being on supported operating systems.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:39 PM, Nick L. said:

Agreed. This is pretty important to us to get fixed so we're moving as fast as we can right now to get it fixed, but at this time we have some bugs that will take priority over this one for being on supported operating systems.

It works as expected since today. Thanks. 

Don't know if Android Q beta 2 fixed this it your 8.9 update.