up/down arrows not scrolling when evernote clipper extension is enabled in chrome

_Dylan

Evernote Clipper extension version 7.10.0 breaks scrolling with up/down arrows on all webpages in Chrome. When the extension is disabled or removed I am able to scroll using the up and down arrows. Reinstalling or enabling the extension reliably breaks scrolling with arrows. Home, End, PgUp, PgDown still work. Scroll-lock has no effect. Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I disabled every extension I have in chrome and re-enabled them one by one. Only when Evernote Clipper is enabled will the up/down arrow keys stop working. PgUp/PgDn and scrolling still works.

As a workaround, I set the extension's site access to "on click" only via the extension details in Chrome:

image.png.40a9c82cf354a05c06aa3cd0764fc7f5.png

However, if I want to actually use the web clipper, I'd have to refresh the page.

I have this problem too, except that j/k and up/down work fine in Gmail. One thing I've seen that hasn't been reported, though: Enter doesn't work to open a highlighted message in Gmail. Disabling the clipper and reloading Gmail restores that functionality. (As a workaround, you can use lower-case o.)

Same issue here-no up or down scrolling on web pages with arrow keys with this extension enabled. Had to disable then re-enable all extensions to determine Evernote Web Clipper was the problem. Chrome 73 on Windows 7.

• Level 5

Hi All,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

We're currently investigating the issue, and I'll be reaching out to some of you directly to gather some more information.

I'll follow-up here once I have more information.

Please continue to post here if you're experiencing this issue.

16 hours ago, Steve Hart said:

Same issue here-no up or down scrolling on web pages with arrow keys with this extension enabled. Had to disable then re-enable all extensions to determine Evernote Web Clipper was the problem. Chrome 73 on Windows 7.

Exactly same diagnosis. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Same problem here. Up/down arrow keys do not work on chrome web pages with Evernote enabled. Very annoying. Please fix!!!

It also messes with keyboard shortcuts for other apps. Usually in Google calendar I press p for previous week, n for next week. When this clipper is installed I need to press capital P or capital N.

Very annoying. Please provide an update on when this will be repaired.

Probably no need for yet another confirmation, but I'll go ahead anyway. Same problem, exactly as described. When I deactivate / remove Web Clipper, scrolling with arrows works again in Chrome; as soon as I reinstall it, scrolling with arrows stops working.

• Level 5

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience.

We've just released a new version to help correct this issue.

Please follow these steps to reinstall Clipper and get the latest version:

1. Open Chrome and click the menu icon (three vertical dots) in the toolbar.
2. Select More tools > Extensions from the menu.
3. Click Remove next to Evernote Web Clipper.
4. Quit and re-open Chrome.
5. Reinstall Evernote Web Clipper

Please let me know if the issue persists after completing these steps!

The new Chrome extension (7.10.0, April 1, 2019) still doesn't work for me.  Even if I click "Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit:On click"  I just turn off the keyboard shortcuts for the Clipper and that seems to be ok (in the sense that it doesn't interfere with Gmail shortcuts).  I'm not using the Evernote clipper keyboard shortcuts anyhow.

Are other people having better luck?

Same situation. Only works when Clipper extension keyboard shortcuts are toggled off.

8 minutes ago, rdhyee said:

The new Chrome extension (7.10.0, April 1, 2019) still doesn't work for me.  Even if I click "Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit:On click"  I just turn off the keyboard shortcuts for the Clipper and that seems to be ok (in the sense that it doesn't interfere with Gmail shortcuts).  I'm not using the Evernote clipper keyboard shortcuts anyhow.

31 minutes ago, rdhyee said:

My Gmail keyboard shortcuts are back to normal operation now for me (version 7.10.1.1-5ba38a4).

1 hour ago, rdhyee said:

OK, I got email from Evernote about this bug (because I had reported it).  It turns out the new version that is supposed to fix the problem is actually 7.10.1 (April 3, 2019) -- which is what I have just installed.  (7.10.0 was actually the latest version available an hour ago).  Version 7.10.1 seems to be working much better for me.  Thanks, Evernote staff!

• Level 5

Hi All,

Wanted to clarify about my post from yesterday.

We pushed out a quick fix that should have addressed the issue, and following those instructions should enable you to install the fix version.

If you're still having problems with this issue after reinstalling/updating, please let me know!

Archived