Bug- <Notes> Shortcut Not Working

What do you mean by "<Notes> icon"? The "All Notes" item? It just makes all notes visible in the list, so nothing would happen if you have that hidden.

I did notice an issue if you have the notelist hidden, create a new note (not in a new window), and then click to another notebook. The new note being destroyed (because it's not needed) causes no note to show so you have to click 2x on the notebook to see the first note there.

image.png.3af8d945e45f0dc1e48c62a696670d09.png

yes perhaps this can be revisited. i needed the extra space so i had the notebooks and notes panes hidden. and then i wanted to skip to another notebook so i selected the notebook icon and selected the notebook i wanted and then i went to the notes icon to select the note i wanted to see and nothing. but i understand now that it is performing a function that is not observed because the notes pane is hidden. i guess i would question if that function is used\ used much as/is. perhaps it is but in the years i have used evernote i have never wanted to look at <all notes>. all my notes are organized by notebook. its like using slack but wanting to see all your chats across all channels; doesnt make much sense to me. but its just me.

The "All Notes" button, plus sorting my notes by update date, is very helpful for making sure your most recent changes have synced, or locating the note that you were just editing before the app unexpectedly closed your note with or kicked you out of edit mode or whatever. It is also a nice way to clear out any filters and force a global search, or similar troubleshooting / sanity checking operations. YMMV.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, kentc said:

yes perhaps this can be revisited. i needed the extra space so i had the notebooks and notes panes hidden. and then i wanted to skip to another notebook so i selected the notebook icon and selected the notebook i wanted and then i went to the notes icon to select the note i wanted to see and nothing.

Not sure why it would be revisited. <All Notes> already does something that many Evernoters use.  Aside from that, there is no way to select individual notes unless you have the  Note List enabled; if you want to keep it closed most of the time, then that's fine, but if you want to view it temporarily, then the F11 shortcut key will enable or disable it. So select your notebook, hit F11, choose the note you want, and hit F11 again.

Archived