Evernote 7.9 serious memory leak problem

Is anyone else having really serious memory leak problems with Evernote on mac? I'm using Evernote 7.9 (latest) on macOS 10.14.3 and every time Evernote is opened it starts using more and more memory. About 2-3 minutes after opening it's up to 10 gigabytes and it just keeps growing until I get a "run out of application memory" error and have to force quit it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Level 5

If you search this forum with

RAM +mac +Memory

you will find several entries regarding runaway memory usage on macs. Some refer to older versions of the client, some to helper SW that causes a problem etc. Maybe any of this can help.

Because the forum is not full of new memory runaways on macs, it is likely there is a local problem on your machine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 5:17 PM, volkspider said:

Is anyone else having really serious memory leak problems with Evernote on mac? I'm using Evernote 7.9 (latest) on macOS 10.14.3 and every time Evernote is opened it starts using more and more memory. About 2-3 minutes after opening it's up to 10 gigabytes and it just keeps growing until I get a "run out of application memory" error and have to force quit it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I wonder if the RAM is being used to index the notes?

Archived