exclude completed reminders    -reminderDoneTime:*

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Just to complete the possible options 💶💰💵💵💰:

1. buy an iPad 
  2. load the iOS-app
  3. click on the clock symbol

=> all reminders are listed, by order of the reminders date

Another example of the different apps to use EN are not harmonized. I wish this option would exist in the Win-app, and others in iOS.

5C19FB9A-1CF5-40B0-A0CE-289224ADAA38.jpeg

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, John in Michigan USA said:

This is considered a bug, isn't it?

As far as I know, it's by design. It's been this way since Reminders were introduced. Possibly on the assumption that folks who use list views don't want extra clutter (i.e., replicated notes). Anyhow, it's certainly awkward that you can't have reminders in list views if you want them (modulo @DTLow's tip that you can always show reminders via filtering), but that lands it in the "feature request" bucket, not the "bug" bucket, the way I see it.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

I use saved searches to show reminders.

For example, all reminders    reminderOrder:*

exclude completed reminders    -reminderDoneTime:*

This saved search works most of the time, but sometimes subtly fails (or, from Evernote's point a view, works as designed albeit un-intuitively). I remember submitting several scenarios as bugs/feature requests but can't find them at the moment. Ultimately, my work-around on Android was to create an EN 5x2 "list" widget and set it to show reminders. This shows all of them by date due, with the ones that are overdue or due today in a separate sub-section at the top of the list, and doesn't have any unintuitive/buggy behaviors. I wish they could expose the exact code behind this widget so I could use it in a saved search!

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, John in Michigan USA said:

This is considered a bug, isn't it?

Feature request maybe103733957_ScreenShot2019-03-22at14_23_32.png.0dc1caf5d398dc2d554409a73706c105.png

The screenshot is from my Mac and shows notes in list view

1. We have a Notes/Reminders option in the notelist
  2. For notes with a reminder, a clock icon and date displays in the note header
  • Level 5*

I've been using reminder searches since reminders were introduced.  Got all the better when saved views were introduced.  I use side list view so all my reminder searches display and are sorted by remindertime. 

Horses for courses, but I never have cared much for the reminder area in Snippet view.  Mostly since I like to see the reminders when I want to see them and a quick saved search via a hotkey gets the job done.

Being able to sort by remindertime on IOS would be nice....;)

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Mostly I work from my iPad. Now I have rechecked the reminders issue in my Windows-App.

My reminders are shown in the second column from the left right at the top of all notes. Depending on which notebook I choose, it shows all reminders or just those in that notebook. If I click the arrow, the list of reminders opens, ordered depending on the reminders-setting in options. In my case the order is oldest date on top.

If this does not show, maybe it helps to check in the options, under reminders, if the settings are activated as shown in the screenshot.

See Screenshots for more.

71B8C353-CC12-457B-84B0-ABF6A0FFC450.jpeg

AE0F914B-B976-44B0-B5E0-A02BE1E9E588.jpeg

DA95EFF5-C484-45D7-B96C-2EC33F7CA1FA.jpeg

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If this does not show, maybe it helps to check in the options, under reminders, if the settings are activated as shown in the screenshot.

It is known that the separate reminder list does not show in the Windows client when one of the list views (vertical or horizontal) is used, which is what the original poster is using, and what they are asking for. There is no setting for turning it on in list mode.

Notes with reminders, being just notes, are always viewable just like other notes are. But the reminder list in only viewable in snippet, card, or thumbnail views in the Evernote Windows client.

• Level 5

This is what views are for - put emphasis on one aspect, at the same time reducing / hiding other aspects.

When I read the initial posting again, it asks for a possibility to view all reminders in one place. Yes, this is possible, using what i‘v described.

By the way it is not important what we think - just if the initial question was answered.

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2019 at 5:30 PM, DTLow said:

Feature request maybe103733957_ScreenShot2019-03-22at14_23_32.png.0dc1caf5d398dc2d554409a73706c105.png

The screenshot is from my Mac and shows notes in list view

1. We have a Notes/Reminders option in the notelist
  2. For notes with a reminder, a clock icon and date displays in the note header

Exactly what i was going to ask about!  I've been searching for this view as i see it on my Macbook.  Why different views Mac to Windows?

20 hours ago, Donna M said:

Exactly what i was going to ask about!  I've been searching for this view as i see it on my Macbook.  Why different views Mac to Windows?

I could be mistaken, but I am fairly certain I saw that view in the recent beta 2 on the side list (I believe it went away after they had to do some major surgery for the current beta 3, see the discussion), maybe they will bring it back eventually.  Unless I was just seeing things . . . 

3 hours ago, Don Dz said:

I could be mistaken, but I am fairly certain I saw that view in the recent beta 2 on the side list (I believe it went away after they had to do some major surgery for the current beta 3, see the discussion), maybe they will bring it back eventually.  Unless I was just seeing things . . . 

FYI: All features that were in Beta2 are in the current Beta3. (It was the first Beta3 release that was the pain-point.)

50 minutes ago, dconnet said:

FYI: All features that were in Beta2 are in the current Beta3. (It was the first Beta3 release that was the pain-point.)

Well, aside from whether I related what took place in the most accurate way, I am guessing that since you did not address my comment about the reminder view specifically, it must not have been present, whatever I thought I saw in the note list  at the time.

1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

I am guessing that since you did not address my comment about the reminder view specifically, it must not have been present, whatever I thought I saw in the note list  at the time.

Ah, sorry... The reminder list has not changed in Windows. It is not in either of the list views. (And unless something changes, there are no plans I know of to add it.)

• Level 5
5 hours ago, dconnet said:

Ah, sorry... The reminder list has not changed in Windows. It is not in either of the list views. (And unless something changes, there are no plans I know of to add it.)

But, while the reminder list is not present in the top list or side list views, the columns Reminder and Reminder Time can be included in either of those views, and it is possible to sort on that column so as to bring all reminders into view.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

But, while the reminder list is not present in the top list or side list views, the columns Reminder and Reminder Time can be included in either of those views, and it is possible to sort on that column so as to bring all reminders into view.

Of course, but it seems clear that the original poster is looking for the reminder list. In any case in all views, you can always just use a search of reminderorder:* to filter to just the reminders in a particular context without using a list view column. Unfortunately, you cannot sort on reminder time (at least in the Windows client). For that, you would indeed need a list view.

• Level 5
9 hours ago, jefito said:

Of course, but it seems clear that the original poster is looking for the reminder list. In any case in all views, you can always just use a search of reminderorder:* to filter to just the reminders in a particular context without using a list view column. Unfortunately, you cannot sort on reminder time (at least in the Windows client). For that, you would indeed need a list view.

Well, the OP was using side list view, and I thought a way of seeing reminders in it might serve the purpose for those who prefer that view.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
18 hours ago, jefito said:

Unfortunately, you cannot sort on reminder time (at least in the Windows client). For that, you would indeed need a list view.

Um, even works in snippet view.

Image.png.c07cd63e3e56b23aeb52aaaa528db2f0.png

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

1) Ensure that "Show Upcoming Reminders" is selected in Tools>Options>Reminders

2) Select any notebook (or All Notes) and change the view to either Snippet View, Card View or Thumbnail View

3) Or, create a Saved Search like @DTLow suggests and perhaps include the Column "Reminder Time" and sort by it earliest to oldest and then tick the view setting "Always use for Saved Search..."