Text Search No Longer Working

I am using 6.18.2.8380 on Windows 10.

I'm not sure when it started, but I have noticed that searching for text, which has always worked well and fast, isn't quite giving me correct results. 

This morning, I decided to dig in a bit. I did a search for a word as I wasn't sure which folder it was in and didn't find the results I was looking for. The results that came up were legitimate, but not the one I was looking for.

So I did a manual search for it. I found the note in question and the word I searched for was highlighted in the text as if it had come up in the search.

So then, I went out and searched just on that notebook. Two notes came up, but not the one I was looking for, which had a dozen instances of the word in it. 

Note that all the notes that do come up, have the word in them. Also, the notes that do come up are from after the missing note as well as years before it. 

Not sure what is going on, but this is something I use a lot. It has always worked great, which is the main reason I never invested much time in tagging. 

Is anyone else having this issue?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Ctrl+Help in the desktop version will give you an extended menu which includes "rebuild text search index" which may help.  Don't run it unless you won't need the system for a while,  because it can take more time than for a beverage or two if you have lots of notes.  Please don't play with the other options - they're meant to be for Support to suggest in specific circumstances and may have ...unexpected results in some cases.  I have used this one though,  and it does seem to improve searches.

Archived