Displayed order of dragged-in files

If I scan files numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (pages of consecutively scanned text), highlight them and drag them into a new note, they always display as 1, 5, 4, 3, 2, no matter what order they were displayed in the original folder. This means to ensure correct display order, multiple pages have to be dragged in one by one. This seems tedious and unnecessary.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I recently found (courtesy of the Forums here) the interestingly named PDF editor NAPS2 (Not Another PDF Scanner 2).  It has the ever more interesting talent of taking in a series of files - including PDF and JPG - via import,  and rearranging them into a specific order.  I've even added a scanned document with 10 pages into the app,  plus a missed page 3,  and been able to output the pages together and in the correct order.  There's a bit of a learning curve,  but it is quite good at fixing page order issues.

The only slight downside may be the extra process - scan / process in Naps2 / import to Evernote.

I'd also suggest another option to save your scans as separate notes - by using an Import folder and dragging and dropping files in order into the folder - you could then select the group of notes and merge the notes together in the correct order.

How to create import folders in Evernote for Windows

Archived