Today I replaced an iPad because the screen would not light up and therefore I could not operate it, nor could it be repaired. I surrendered the device to Apple with the understanding that they would wipe it clean of all apps and personal information. 

When I launched Evernote on the replacement iPad, a window comes up asking me to "Upgrade to continue using Evernote on this device". 

I want to stay with my current plan so I click on Unsync devices. I select the defunct iPad. Then I click on Save and continue. Then confirm. 

I receive an email from Evernote stating that I have successfully revoked a device. 

When in fact, the device was not revoked because the same window comes up asking me to "Upgrade to continue using Evernote on this device". 

So Evernote is in Groundhog's Day mode. 

Any suggestions how I can really unsync the defunct iPad? 

• Level 5*

Basic accounts are allowed access with two simultaneous devices, not counting web access.

Using your other device (or web access), you can view devices using your account in Account Settings

Use this page to revoke access to your inactive devices

Same issue here. Infinite loop, always bringing me back into the unsync dialogue. And since I can’t open Evernote in the browser on the iPad either, I am stuck without access to my notes. Well done, Evernote!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Sam Soukas said:

My main issue is how to get it off my EN account.

Log into Evernote on the web. Click on your Account picture, then click on Devices. Delete/revoke your old iPad there. It should work then.

• Level 5

I think your main question was answered.

Regarding the iPad, I would check whether it was taken out of the iCloud-connection already. I don’t know what wonders Apple can work on a „dead“ iPad. But I assume if it is dead for good, that they will just scrap it. Then it might still be connected to the Apple account. This may not be a concern today, but for example iTunes has a limit on the number of devices as well. So better to clean up now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having the exact issue and even with the latest update on my MacOS High Sierra and my iPhone IOS 13.3.1.

The Evernote in groundhog day mode could not unsync my account from a non-existing iPhone (which I surrendered it back to Apple store just like @Sam Soukas did with his iPad last year.). Everyday, it kept notifying me that I am syncing my account with all three devices an hour ago, while I only own two. 
I checked my iCloud account and that old phone is no longer link to it.