Which version good/stable for High Sierra?

mindlgap

Idea

Hi all, 

I'm upgrading to High Sierra (HFS not APFS) and would like to know what the consensus is on the most stable Evernote version to install. I'm currently still using 6.1.1 (Yosemite) since it's been solid for many years (and any time I've tried a new version in a vm, there's always been some problem or other with EN). 

I've read through many posts in the forums but there's just so many key problems with so many versions I cant tell what version is actually stable and working on High Sierra. It's OK if it's an older version as long as it works.

What I need to be solid: searching in the client and from finder/spotlight (from within EN more critical); I use web clipping a lot (chrome) so that is priority (and how displayed in client); notebook sync (to android for offline use); mostly basic text heavy notes, outlines, hyperlinks, and tables; system documentation and config/code snippets (but considering moving that out); I don't do anything in EN with pdfs or non-image attachments.). 

Thanks for any advice!! 

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

You'll find issues with every version.
Review the feedback discussions and decide if the issues are significant for you.

My concern with the current version is we lost the Spotlight integration (a Mojave thing).  
Others find the sidebar New Note button unbearable.

If you do encounter something unworkable, it's easy to switch versions.

Archived