evernoteccd

Is it just me or the new web-client sucks

I've tried the new web client and I have to say it sucks. I don't see anything closely resembling a "feature". I turned back to old version and everything is good. 

So is the new web client an upgrade or a downgrade ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evernoteccd said:

So is the new web client an upgrade or a downgrade

It's a beta version, not meant for release to the masses.

Aside for being able to configure tables in the new version it's a pretty useless upgrade. 

Waste of time. As a premium user for many years it's safe to say that Evernote is well behind the curve. I've regularly looking at alternatives. 

4 hours ago, CharlieB said:

Aside for being able to configure tables in the new version it's a pretty useless upgrade. 

Waste of time. As a premium user for many years it's safe to say that Evernote is well behind the curve. I've regularly looking at alternatives. 

There is a beta version available for testers.
It's not a complete version - some of the features are outstanding.

If you're not interested in testing this version, downgrade to the previous version

• Confused 1

"New" web client is horrible. Been that way for years, right ?  

I just tried it again and it painfully slow.  How can a company go backwards for so long and so consistently ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, delawaredave said:

I just tried it again and it painfully slow.  How can a company go backwards for so long and so consistently ?

The most recent web client version is fairly recent, hence the "New".  We consider it an incomplete beta version.

I downgraded to the previous version; it's less horrible. 

12 hours ago, DTLow said:

The most recent web client version is fairly recent, hence the "New".  We consider it an incomplete beta version.

I downgraded to the previous version; it's less horrible. 

So there's "beta", "current version" and "classic version".  I've been on classic last couple years, occasionally go to "current" (which I called new) - and get frustrated by the step backward.

So "beta" and "current" are both step backwards to "classic" from what I've seen. Thanks.

15 hours ago, delawaredave said:

So there's "beta", "current version" and "classic version".  I've been on classic last couple years, occasionally go to "current" (which I called new) - and get frustrated by the step backward.

So "beta" and "current" are both step backwards to "classic" from what I've seen. Thanks.

Current works well for me the few times I need it a month.  Traditional started failing and Beta is incomplete.  My view anyways....

Thanks for the feedback here. The newest version of ENWEB is still in the works and we will be introducing feature parity with the older version soon. In the meantime, what are the features that make you switch back to the current version? I'd love to read more about this. 

Thanks,

Latest web version is painfully slow.  I don't understand why search is in different spot vs Windows program.  

The overall design has too much "open space" - which EN seems to think is "clean" - I think it is useless and wasteful.

You've "dumbed it down" to "Google Keep level" - you are going the "wrong way" to differentiate your product.

On 3/31/2019 at 11:10 AM, delawaredave said:

So in agreement. Really, really slow. Shocking.