(Archived) "Sign Out" - "Log Out"

chrisbunnett

Idea

I know (or at least I have read it on this site) that you store a local version etc. etc. but; I am the local 'guru' here and I am often asked to log in to other accounts to help them sort it out! (Insecure etc. - I know!). It would be so much easier if I could just sign out of my account on my Mac and sign in as another person to do what I have to do and then leave. My whole team use Evernote and I am now spreading it through the company: this little feature will save me hours!

Local support is not theoretical: we have to do lots of things that security experts blanche at, but it gets people working and helps our organisations function.

Have a think about it: maybe we just need more permissions based access.

Chris Bunnett

7 replies to this idea

If each person using your Mac has their own Mac desktop user account, then each can have their own Evernote database on that machine. (The database is stored within the home directory of the Mac account.)

Otherwise, you can also use the web browser to access alternate accounts via the web interface.

I am the only one using my Mac.

The users approach me (at my desk) and ask me to sort out something. I, being a helpful chap, ask for the details and log in to the individual's account and deal with the problem. Then I log myself back in to my Evernote account.

As is mentioned elsewhere, this is an easy thing to do on a Windows machine, but more arduous on the Mac...

I am the only one using my Mac.

The users approach me (at my desk) and ask me to sort out something. I, being a helpful chap, ask for the details and log in to the individual's account and deal with the problem. Then I log myself back in to my Evernote account.

As is mentioned elsewhere, this is an easy thing to do on a Windows machine, but more arduous on the Mac...

I suppose if it's all that arduous, you could get up & go to their computer & do it there.

Our desktop clients perform a full synchronization of the entire account whenever you access that account. So if you take a quick peek at someone else's 5GB account from your Windows client, you'll download their entire account into a local database on your computer. This might be a bit heavyweight.

Yup. That's it exactly. As we get more into the app. the more 'heavyweight' it will become...

So why don't you go use the person's computer? Or use the web version? Or remote into their computer. I would think if you don't want to d/l all their notes, there's probably another option.

Archived