(Archived) Only Small (640x480) Photos (Version 1.5 on HTC Incredible)

jsuomi

I have Evernote Ver. 1.5 installed on my Verizon HTC Incredible. Using the photo option, I only have the small (640x480) photos resolution available. If I use the Incredible's native camera app, all resolutions small-8M (640x480-33264x2448) are available. IMO, this is a severe limitation. Small photos are almost illegible in the desktop app. Is there a fix for this limitation?

When you are in the snapshot mode, you should be able to see a set of different options for the picture that you are taking. E.g. "use the flash", etc. One of the options in the list of options is the number of pixels in the image.

On my Motorola Droid Milestone (i.e. the first Droid) with the latest OS update (2.2), this option is visible if you click on the top little white icon in the viewfinder mode, and then you need to scroll down a bit.

On older versions of the OS, I think you needed to slide the list of options out from the left.

When you are in the snapshot mode, you should be able to see a set of different options for the picture that you are taking. E.g. "use the flash", etc. One of the options in the list of options is the number of pixels in the image.

On my Motorola Droid Milestone (i.e. the first Droid) with the latest OS update (2.2), this option is visible if you click on the top little white icon in the viewfinder mode, and then you need to scroll down a bit.

On older versions of the OS, I think you needed to slide the list of options out from the left.

Dave, if Evernote owned an HTC Incredible for testing purposes, I believe you would see that this does not work.

This has been reported before: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15703&p=68775&hilit=camera+resolution#p65251

Maybe its broken on HTC's end? I tried taking a photo in a different app from the market and had the same result.

Maybe its broken on HTC's end? I tried taking a photo in a different app from the market and had the same result.

I don't think so. I've also used third-party apps for photo taking and they allow me to go all the way up to 5MP (which is my HTC Legend's max resolution).

And it's been reported on my thread here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17301&start=0

Same maker, different model. Nothing has been fixed in months. Right now if I want to take a larger picture I've been taking it with the camera and then "sharing" it with Evernote. It's a work around but I'd still love this fixed in the Evernote application. I'm using the Gadget bar now too.

I'm sorry, but the only option I have for resolution is the smallest in the Evernote application. It's the same camera controls for the built in camera application which give me more. It's starting to sound like this is an isolated problem, but it is a problem.

I see the options from the slide-out on the left, but 640x480 is the only option for resolution. Thanks for checking-in on this issue.

If you are seeing this, please let us know what model phone you have, and what version of Android OS you're using (if you know it).

Thanks

I'm actually getting 640x416, but it's the only option when taking a photo through Evernote.

HTC Legend OS 2.1

Ok, our QA folks found an HTC Desire that reproduces this problem, so we should be able to track it down.

Thanks!

I just updated my Verizon Droid Incredible to android 2.2, which came out this week, and changing the resolution now works.

Ok, our QA folks found an HTC Desire that reproduces this problem, so we should be able to track it down.

Thanks!

I see that some others had this issue fixed with an Android update. My HTC Hero is still not working. Same issue. Only the smallest resolution appears in the options inside of Evernote photo taking. Perhaps this is Sprint's fault? I'd believe that that easily. I don't think they do much for keeping their ***** current in a timely manner.

I'm running the latest version, released on 6/6/2010.

Current Version:

Software – 2.27.651.6

Firmware – 2.1 Eclair

You can find the page for my phone here.

http://support.sprint.com/support/artic ... 009-155624

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add another thing I learned recently. Some phones (like mine) will not be getting Android OS 2.2.

The HTC Hero and Samsung Moment from Sprint will not be getting 2.2. So, if this "issue" is being fixed by upgrading the OS, it's not going to happen. Please take this into consideration. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying out the Android 2.0 Beta now. Same issue. Only resolution option is 640x480. Please don't tell me this is something that can't be fixed because it's pre-Android OS 2.2 and that's what is required. I really can't afford to go buy an Evo just yet.

Archived