Change of the password

gorky123

Idea

You have sent me an email and requested to change the password. I obliged to you and changed the password.

You have suspected some strange activities on my Evernote account and suggested changing the password.

You gave me a tricky password. It has a combination of words and figures. I accepted your password.

This is my Ubuntu Linux computer and I used Chrome as the browser.

So the new password will easily be recognized by this computer.

I have an Asus tablet. I use it frequently when travelling.

It will ask the password. How do I know the password?

My email address is ' <edited by moderator>'.

Please help me. I will be in a big trouble  if I can't login to Evernote on my laptop and the mobile phone.

I have been using Evernote for more than 10 years.

I badly need Evernote program as I store very important stuff on it.

Please help me. You may send me an email.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi @gorky123, and welcome to the forums. These are very open places, and while Evernote staff monitors them they are user-to-user for the most part, and not a way of addressing Evernote's support staff directly. So it's not a good idea to post your email address here, as it could be read and misused by people who want to do harm. Since you have a Plus account, you may be able to contact Evernote support directly: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Thanks Dave for the reply.

I am in a desperate situation. I did not care about any negative consequences. Suddenly, Evernote asked me to change the password. I obliged and changed it. I am unable to remember it as it had combination of figures and letters.

I store some valuable information on my Evernote account.

As I wrote before, I badly need Evernote. When I travel outside other countries in Europe. I take my Asus tablet. How do I login to my Evernote using my Asus tablet?

For more than 10 years, it was simple. I had a simple password. How do I know my new password?

Please help me.

PS

The link you have mentioned does not work on my computer.  I don't know the problem.

• Level 5

@gorky123 Thank you for reaching out!

For privacy reasons outlined in the Code of Conduct, I edited out the email address you listed in your original post.

In this case, can you clarify the issue you're encountering?

If you were prompted to change your password, then changed the password and saved those changes, that new password should enable you to access your Evernote Account.

Are you saying that the new password you created is not working?

Let me know as this information will better enable me to determine how best to proceed.

Thanks everybody for assisting me.

1. I have been using Evernote for more than 10 years.

2. I store valuable information on it. 

3. I have never ever changed the password.

4. Recently Evernote prompted me to change the password as you have noticed some suspicious activities.

5. So I obliged to you and changed the password. And in this process I accepted the password suggested by Evernote.

6. There were strange combination of characters. So I can't remember it.

7. I was desperate that Evernote will asked the password.

8. Today I opened my Asus tablet and opened the Evernote program.

9. It worked fine. So this issue has solved.

10. The most important program on the Internet for me is Evernote. Did you know why?

11. I store some valuable information on it. When I travel in other European countries and Asia, I badly need those information.

12. I am not going to write details of those facts  here. They are strictly confidential.

13. Recently Evernote asked me to become a Plus customer. I did it.

14. I had a simple password for Evernote. However, Evernote does not demand the password.

15. It asked me to log in either by using Google or Facebook.

16. I always use Google to log on to my Evernote account.

17. I use my tablet only when I am travelling. So Everntote must work.

18 Thanks everybody. If I need further assistance, I will contact you all.

PS

Even on my mobile phone Evernote works. However, I rarely use Evenote on my mobile phone. I dislike the tiny screen. My mobile phone is Android based .

I use my mobile phone just to check my email. I know some people send emails using the mobile phone. I don't like the tiny screen.

Archived