Turning syncing off

kguess

Sometimes Evernote's automatic syncing is very disruptive. For example, I'm working on a set of notes and after every single thing I type or delete or paste, Evernote pauses to sync. I wait 3 or 4 times as long for the syncing as it took me to do whatever it was Evernote is syncing. I don't need this stuff synced immediately. I really wish there was a way to turn syncing on and off, but I cannot find any. Turning off my wi-fi seems to help, but that's annoying as I am often needing to find something on the web to paste into a note or printing something from Evernote to my wi-fi printer. If there is a way to toggle syncing on and off, please let me know. If there isn't, I wish it would be added. 

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, kguess said:

Sometimes Evernote's automatic syncing is very disruptive. For example, I'm working on a set of notes and after every single thing I type or delete or paste, Evernote pauses to sync. I wait 3 or 4 times as long for the syncing as it took me to do whatever it was Evernote is syncing. I don't need this stuff synced immediately. I really wish there was a way to turn syncing on and off, but I cannot find any. Turning off my wi-fi seems to help, but that's annoying as I am often needing to find something on the web to paste into a note or printing something from Evernote to my wi-fi printer. If there is a way to toggle syncing on and off, please let me know. If there isn't, I wish it would be added. 

Which device/platform?

I'm not experiencing sync pauses on my Mac or iPad; it processes in the background.

Archived