Evernote for Mac 7.9

Nick L.

Idea

Hello folks,

Evernote for Mac 7.9 is now available for download. You can get it by updating your app or click here.

Fixes and Improvements: 

• If you copied something from Evernote to another editor, all the line and paragraph breaks you placed so lovingly would just disappear. Since our parents taught us to play well with others, we fixed that.
  • Printing a note with tables is fun, right? (OK, maybe that’s just us—we’re kind of geeky). It’s not fun when the table borders don’t print. We thought so too, so we fixed it. 

20 replies to this idea

Any idea when the carriage return issue might be fixed?  

Surely it's not a difficult issue to track down in the code and you could issue a dot release to address this quite quickly.

16 hours ago, EmmaD said:

@Jay-Bob, @Nick L. - PLEASE update us on this issue - this is so painful for people saving code snippets and pasting them into command line (causing something to execute). Why is it still not fixed?? As a developer myself, I can't imagine that this is a hard bug to track down, as noted by others on this thread. 

Another related feature request is to stop auto-correct in Code Blocks. 

I've been a paying premium user for 6.5 years and I'm so disappointed by these. 

The extra carriage return bug is fixed in Evernote for Mac 7.10. We will be releasing a beta for this version this week. Thanks for the patience. 

26 minutes ago, EmmaD said:

@Jay-Bob, @Nick L. - PLEASE update us on this issue - this is so painful for people saving code snippets and pasting them into command line (causing something to execute). Why is it still not fixed?? As a developer myself, I can't imagine that this is a hard bug to track down, as noted by others on this thread. 

Never in the history of my use of evernote (and it's been a great many years of premium subscription) has any bug been as annoying and impactful as the carriage return bug.

On 2/28/2019 at 2:10 PM, Jay-Bob said:

Another known issue in this version is copying text from Evernote and pasting into certain other applications may introduce an extra carriage return.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, phemmert said:

Wondering why there isn't a "check for updates" built into the application? That would alleviate needless hunting around for information regarding software updates.

There is a "check for updates" in the direct download version (www.evernote.com/download)2031614965_ScreenShot2019-03-15at17_33_48.png.217de54828e4fca700d0f8d3d1f750fe.png

Updates for the app store version are handled by the app store.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:18 AM, Nick L. said:

Hello folks,

Evernote for Mac 7.9 is now available for download. You can get it by updating your app or click here.

Fixes and Improvements: 

• If you copied something from Evernote to another editor, all the line and paragraph breaks you placed so lovingly would just disappear. Since our parents taught us to play well with others, we fixed that.
  • Printing a note with tables is fun, right? (OK, maybe that’s just us—we’re kind of geeky). It’s not fun when the table borders don’t print. We thought so too, so we fixed it. 

Wondering why there isn't a "check for updates" built into the application? That would alleviate needless hunting around for information regarding software updates.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, Vincent Noel said:

cmd-' has suddenly stopped moving the cursor to the tag field. Is this a known regression in 7.9?

It's working in my install882658312_ScreenShot2019-03-12at07_52_35.png.21a455ae43851206fba78ab03d54c1ae.png

This copy/paste situation is killing me.  I'm now looking at alternatives and I've been a long time user for years (paying premium user).  I hope I don't have to switch.  Adding the CR is crazy bad.  Simple things like this need to work flawlessly.

Separately, I see all kinds of weirdness copying/pasting b/w other Mac OSX apps like Outlook/Word.  Really wish Evernote would just "work" right and not ***** with formatting so much.  I really don't care about other features but need the core functionality to work properly.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:10 AM, Jay-Bob said:

Another known issue in this version is copying text from Evernote and pasting into certain other applications may introduce an extra carriage return.

Thanks for mentioning. This is huge issue for people who copy and paste commands from evernote into their terminal.

• Level 5*

Not especially relevant,  particularly considering some of the contents of my posts,  but can we soft-pedal the joky commentary in updates and channel Joe Friday in Dragnet?  All we want are the facts, man...

"Fixed line and paragraph breaks no longer disappear on external paste / table borders now print"

Just sayin'

16 hours ago, Rmtnezmateo said:

Sorry. Just to reply in the thread:

Yes I can see all notes in their respective notebooks with their tags.

I use mostly card view but I get same results when using any other view.

•  

Thank you. I DM'd you requesting some information. 

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Jay-Bob said:

If you copied something from Evernote to another editor, all the line and paragraph breaks you placed so lovingly would just disappear. Since our parents taught us to play well with others, we fixed that.

So you've fixed disappearing line breaks and instead added new bonus ones? lolz

26 minutes ago, Nick L. said:

Do you see all your notes if you go to their respective notebooks? 
What kind of note list do you use? (card view, snippet view, list view, etc) ?

Sorry. Just to reply in the thread:

Yes I can see all notes in their respective notebooks with their tags.

I use mostly card view but I get same results when using any other view.

2 hours ago, Rmtnezmateo said:

I see only my last note since yesterday

Do you see all your notes if you go to their respective notebooks? 
What kind of note list do you use? (card view, snippet view, list view, etc) ?

After upgrading to version 7.9 in Mac (Mojave) I can't see the same notes on the web as in the Mac app.

In the Mac version I see only my last note since yesterday. All notes are only shown on the web version tough I'm using the same username in both.

Could you help please?
Many thanks

Archived