Encrypting notes Evernote web (old version)

stenogsweden

Hi,

New/old user of Evernote. Have not used Evernote for a couple of years, but I´m now back again.

I have restrictions on my work computer and can not install the client, instead I´m using Evernote web on chrome.

I was looking for possibility to encrypt notes but couldn't´t find anything. When searching I found a article in Evernote Help & learning that claims that the new version of Evernote Web does not support encrypting, BUT if I switch to the old version it´s possible. I have made the switch but still can´t find anything related to encrypt/decrypt.

Any help appreciated

Link to article (in Swedish) https://help.evernote.com/hc/sv/articles/209006027 

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's nothing in the old web version that I can see to encrypt text,  and from my Google translation of your page it looks like the mention of the web version is just a promotion that has presumably been applied to lots of 'help' pages.  It doesn't relate to encryption specifically.

If encryption is something you need,  then the desktop app is the only option...  though there are other ways to encrypt text,  including password protected Word and PDF files.  Only subscribers have access to the Template feature,  but I have an already encrypted template which only requires editing to apply the encryption to new content.  You could try setting up a note consisting of

########## encryption start ##########

<body text>

########## encryption end ##########

And using a desktop account to create the encrypted version of the note.  Export and save to a drive you can access at work and re-import that note as many times as you need encryption.

- Can't say whether or not that will work,  but it may be worth a try...

In the Swedish page it says:

There are a number of features and features that currently require you to switch back to the older version of Evernote Web.

These include:

Create bundles of notebooks

Show bundles of notebooks in shortcuts

Create and use saved searches

Encrypt and decrypt text

Attach multiple files and advanced attachments

Drag and drop to / from computer E

nter reminders

Access Work Chat messages

View published business notebooks

Archived