Apple script assistance please

Hi,

I want to use an apple script to send renamed pdfs into a specific folder within EN, using Hazel. Hazel has done the work renaming the file. The code I found which I think use to work is, but when I try and run this it fails. Can someone assist in correcting the error, OSAScript error: {
    OSAScriptErrorNumberKey = "-1708"}:-

tell application "Evernote"

activate

create note from file theFile notebook {"notebook"} tags {"tag1", "tag 2", "tag 3", "tag 4"}

end tell

Many thanks.

Hi,

Sorry, not sure what you are looking for. This is a script that I believe use to work to send a file, pdf from a folder into Evernote. Now it gives an error on theFile part of the statement.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, IanF said:

Hi,

I want to use an apple script to send renamed pdfs into a specific folder within EN, using Hazel. Hazel has done the work renaming the file. The code I found which I think use to work is, but when I try and run this it fails. Can someone assist in correcting the error, OSAScript error: {
    OSAScriptErrorNumberKey = "-1708"}:-

This script worked for me

set theFile to "/Users/david/Desktop/test.pdf"                  <-----  Set a value for theFile
tell application "Evernote"

activate

create note from file theFile notebook {"notebook"} tags {"tag1", "tag 2", "tag 3", "tag 4"}
end tell

Note: I had to identify a value for theFile

Point of correction on terminology 
- This script creates a note, assigns notebook: notebook, tags:tag2, tag 2, tag 3, tag 4
  There are no "specific folders" involved

Which OS version are you running?  Mojave is causing permission errors for scripts

Archived