Search didn't find the right note

I was searching for the scan of my ID and typed "Ausweis" (german word for ID), but it wasn't found. I used the tag I have for important documents, and there it was, named "AusweisIrisBrandt". I tried to find Iris and Brandt and it found it without problems. Why couldn't it find "Ausweis"? Could it happen again?

• Level 5*

Hi.  What version of Windows do you have?  My WIndows 10 64bit machine finds "AusweisIrisBrandt" without any problems using variations down to "ausweis" as the search term.  It didn't find,  (and shouldn't have) "iris" because all searches are supposedly from the beginning of a string,  not from partway through.

See How to use Evernote's advanced search syntax

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, gazumped said:

My WIndows 10 64bit machine finds "AusweisIrisBrandt" without any problems using variations down to "ausweis" as the search term. 

If I use quotes ("ausweis"), an exact match is required. No quotes (ausweis) and variations are found

I use Windows 10 in the 64-version. But I meant the Evernote-Search (not sure if you meant that). I tried it again and I get the feeling that it searches inside the documents, but not the titles, which is kind of stupid because I try to give very useful titles... Can that be?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, IrisBrandt said:

Doesn't work either.

Please post a screenshot of the failing search, and a screenshot of the note.

I, tried it without the date in the beginning, then it finds it. But that's not very useful for me, is there a possibility to change the search, so it looks for more than the beginning of the word? It also finds "Impfpass", and there the word "Ausweis" is not even in the title, how does that work or why doesn't it always work?

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, IrisBrandt said:

I, tried it without the date in the beginning, then it finds it. But that's not very useful for me, is there a possibility to change the search, so it looks for more than the beginning of the word? It also finds "Impfpass", and there the word "Ausweis" is not even in the title, how does that work or why doesn't it always work?

Underscore is the one special character that EN can find with a search, so your title begins with one long word.  EN only searches from the beginning of words, so if you changed the title of the note to 2019_01_07 Ausweis... the Ausweis search would find the note.  It is likely that ausweis is in the PDF of the other note if it appears in the search results.  If you only want to search on the title add intitle: to the search, for example intitle:ausweis.

Archived