Evernote update with non-default database folder

Hi everybody! Evernote is great in many aspects, but today I must say, I'm highly dissatisfied with the way Evernote for Windows gets updates.
To start with, after upgrade I lost all my settings. That's not what I would expect, and I wasn't warned about it.
Moreover, I don't see any way to export/import settings, so this means after each update I have to restore my preferences from scratch? Not that there are so much of them or updates are so frequent, but...

I prefer to keep my local files in location other then default (I believe this should be the common practice) and I have some local notebooks.
But after update my "local Evernote files" directory was back to default just like everything else. And Evernote synced everything from the cloud to default directory that created new local database.
Of cause, no local notebooks showed up.

To restore the order of things, I couldn't just tell Evernote to use the database from my custom directory.
When folder setting changes, Evernote tries to overwrite folder contents with database from default folder. So, I was at risk of losing my local notebooks,  if I simply tried to change this setting back to what it was before update.

So, I had to:
- move everything from my custom folder to some another place;
- change folder setting in Evernote;
- bring back my old database to this folder.

And it seems like I'll have to repeat this procedure every time I receive an update.

Shouldn't there be a more comfortable way to install updates? To take over previous version's settings, for example

Archived