Notebook Missing

pranaman

Idea

14 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hello, this forum is user driven. If you need help, maybe try support. As a basic account holder, there is a way through Twitter. There are posts in the forum that describe how.

Out of curiosity: Did you create the notebooks in the web, and they do not reflect in the win-client ? Are there notes inside of the notebooks yet ? Any more details ?

• Level 5*
On 2/17/2019 at 8:58 PM, pranaman said:

I created 2 notebooks named

• Food
  • For Standard Job Ideas

I see them in the web version, but not in the W10 app. 

There may be more.

Why is this and how can I get them back in the W10 app/desktop version?

Sometimes if there is a disconnect between data on different platforms it is due to the accidental creation and use of a second account.  Be sure you are signed into the same account on the web and the PC.

@PinkElephant, thanks, I found it and sent them a tweet-ticket.

Out of curiosity: Did you create the notebooks in the web, and they do not reflect in the win-client ? Are there notes inside of the notebooks yet ? Any more details ?

No, I created the notebooks in the W10 app/client. I also use the iPhone app. They're not appearing in either.

Yes, there notes are in each. 2 in one and 12 in the other.

@CalS, thanks. I am just using one account.

I see what it is. There are "stacks" in the W10 app/program (when did all programs become apps btw?), which allows a tree-like hierarchy, like in File Explorer or Finder.

This does not exist in the web version, as far as I can tell.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, pranaman said:

I see what it is. There are "stacks" in the W10 app/program (when did all programs become apps btw?), which allows a tree-like hierarchy, like in File Explorer or Finder.

Notebooks are optionally grouped into Stacks454979217_ScreenShot2019-03-09at20_14_45.png.92caf325e579839db157ce4493c1caf6.png

Do yourself a favour and downgrade your web version.
The version you're using is an incomplete beta version and missing the Stack display
The screenshot shows the downgrade process

1. Click on your name in the top left corner
  2. Select  "Switch to older version of Evernote"
  • Level 5*
19 hours ago, pranaman said:

Per @DTLow use the Current web version.  Neither the classic or beta versions work.  Why EN does not remove them as options is a mystery based upon the level of confusion they create.

• Level 5
On 3/10/2019 at 7:22 PM, CalS said:

Per @DTLow use the Current web version.  Neither the classic or beta versions work.  Why EN does not remove them as options is a mystery based upon the level of confusion they create.

One reason is that the current Web version does not work in all browsers, requiring one to resort to the classic version.

• Level 5
42 minutes ago, CalS said:

Yeah, that's a buyer beware proposition.  Last time I used Classic I got a blank note panel when scrolling down.  Totally useless.

Sorry, not "classic" technically, just whatever is the version next before the current one, which doesn't work in the current version of the Opera browser, after Opera upgraded and broke something.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Sorry, not "classic" technically, just whatever is the version next before the current one, which doesn't work in the current version of the Opera browser, after Opera upgraded and broke something.

Less current current?

• Level 5
4 hours ago, CalS said:
5 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Less current current?

Umm, yeaahh. Maybe "pre-current." Or dried current, to be used in Christmes ceke. {Allows time for them to work that one out.} :)

Archived