Ben P

Taking photos landscape, when I hit save the photos are missing

As the title. If I take a photo landscape (horizontal), then it won't be there when I go to the note after clicking Save. Is this a known issue? How can I resolve it?

Seems that this only happens when using the  Dark Theme. What's happening Evernote?

Hi. I can confirm that landscape works fine - except when I switch to Dark Mode,  when the camera won't load at all...  I got Camera Error - try restarting your device.  Did that,  and I can take a picture.. but it doesn't appear as a note.  Looks like something in Dark Theme breaks the camera.  I'll report it to Support so they can look into it a find a fix. 

Ticket #2778255 applies - if you have camera issues with a recent Evernote for Android version,  please submit your reports by email (subscribers) or Twitter (anyone).

• Like 1

Hi. I have been experiencing this missing photos bug for a long time. After reading your posts, now I tried and realized this missing photos only happen with landscape shots(10 out of 10 photos will be lost). With portrait shots photos won't disappear at all. Before that I wasn't aware of that. This is really anoying...I am thinking of cancel my subscription. I think this issue is present for more the one year, and Evernote hadn't resolved that since then.

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out!

I wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issue, and are currently working to address it.

I'll follow up here once I have more information, but feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions!

I'm experiencing the same issue for a long time - I can confirm that landscape mode has an issue. Furthermore, if I try to add a photo to an existing note, then all the previous content of the note will disappear (text, photos, everything). And what's gone is gone - at least I couldn't undo it so some of my earlier notes were gone just because I wanted to add a new photo to them :( 

I love the smart camera tool, when it's working properly.  This bug creates lack of trust in me for the whole tool.

This definitely needs to be improved, bu here's my workaround:

• If I take a photo in portrait, KEEP phone in-hand as portrait until you save the note
  • If I take a photo in landscape, KEEP phone in-hand as landscape until you save the note.

I noticed that if I take a picture, then rotate BEFORE saving the note, it won't save the picture(s)!   <--- This needs to be fixed

• Like 1