Setting table with when creating a note using ENML from Zapier

I have a Zap set up that creates a note every day. The note has a table and on the way from Zapier to Evernote the table width gets messed up. 

Here's the content I'm sending from Zapier:

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; min-width: 100%;">
<colgroup>
	<col style="width: 610px;" />
</colgroup>
<tbody>
	<tr>
		<td style="width: 610px; padding: 8px; border: 1px solid;">
          Hi
      	</td>
	</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

When it shows up in Evernote the width part of the style is gone and the table is very narrow. I checked with Zapier support and they say they can see the width going out over the wire to evernote. Any idea what's happening? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a (mainly) user-supported forum so your best bet to get under the hood advice will be to try Twitter - @EvernoteHelps or to ask Zapier support to take this up on your behalf.  If the functionality is important to your workflow you could subscribe and ask Support directly...

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2019 at 4:06 PM, sshevlyagin said:

Thanks! Already asked Zapier and they said they’re passing width through so it’s a Evernote issue. I don’t currently have an Evernote subscription, I’ll try twitter. 

Did you ever find a solution? Running into the same frustrating problem. :/

@Eva S

I talked with Evernote support and they said it's likely Evernote is sanitizing the input from Zappier and their tech team is looking into it, but no ETA. She suggested a good work around - just set up an evernote template instead of using the Zapp to create a note.

3 hours ago, sshevlyagin said:

@Eva S

I talked with Evernote support and they said it's likely Evernote is sanitizing the input from Zappier and their tech team is looking into it, but no ETA. She suggested a good work around - just set up an evernote template instead of using the Zapp to create a note.

Thank you so much for the response! That would be wonderful to do but I am not sure it can be done in Zapier - do you have any input on how to ensure that Zapier selects a template for every new note? I would be forever grateful. As far as I can tell there is no way to tell Zapier to use a pre-set template that we can then push text into.

I think I didn’t explain clearly the suggestion was to use a template INSTEAD of a zap. I had a simple scenario. I was using a zap to create an empty daily journal note at 3 am every morning. With a template I would just create a new note from a template when I want to journal. 

I’m not sure what to do in your case, it sounds more complex. 

• 1 month later...

After extensive testing, I've found a solution here. The tables must be "complete" which by ENML standards means they have to have a header, body, and footer--you can't just go right into rows and cells like a classic HTML table. See below for a template table that you can use as a starting point.

<table>
  <thead>
    <tr>
      <th>Col1</th>
      <th>Col2</th>
    </tr>
  </thead>
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <td>R1C1</td>
      <td>R1C2</td>
    </tr>